Couple of issues (container refresh, $comma, wraplist focusposition)
1) Dynamic container autu-refreshes Player.OnPlay/OnStop, this is an issue for me because if I use skin helper widgets (for ex) to get the content for it.
And I have trailer playing auto, then starting of play/stop will call script to create the content, but if it's something like 'random' playlist, obviously the content will change.
This is not a welcome behavior and causes change of content while viewing it, in addition to slowing UI due to script running to create listing.
I could alter skin helper widget to use call listing from cache but it will still take calculation time, force refresh the container and currently will allow only recreation from cache of last container with same properties to (so i can have only one widget with that properties, for ex., one 'similar movies' widget).
After all that, is there a way/trick/hack/whatever to pre-set the content somehow and then have the container content not change (untill next startup)?
alternatively a way to stop container from refreshing onplay/stop...

2) For some reason $COMMA just doesn't work for me. I try to use it in notification msg. tried direct approach with $comma inside the parenthesis, tried with $INFO[bla, $COMMA ,] /$var and tried with control.getlabel(id) with that control label having $comma. none worked.

3) Wraplist and focusposition:
So I have a wraplist, and when using focusposition it does not change the position of the focus itself, it actually moves the position to the NEXT item.
If using fixed list, focusposition will put the position the relative position AND the first focused item will be currentitem=1, but the same in wraplist will end with first focused item currentitem=2. Is this intended?

THANKS!
(2019-02-06, 15:47)cartman.dos Wrote: 1) Dynamic container autu-refreshes Player.OnPlay/OnStop, this is an issue for me because if I use skin helper widgets (for ex) to get the content for it.
And I have trailer playing auto, then starting of play/stop will call script to create the content, but if it's something like 'random' playlist, obviously the content will change.
This is not a welcome behavior and causes change of content while viewing it, in addition to slowing UI due to script running to create listing.
I could alter skin helper widget to use call listing from cache but it will still take calculation time, force refresh the container and currently will allow only recreation from cache of last container with same properties to (so i can have only one widget with that properties, for ex., one 'similar movies' widget).
After all that, is there a way/trick/hack/whatever to pre-set the content somehow and then have the container content not change (untill next startup)?
alternatively a way to stop container from refreshing onplay/stop...

2) For some reason $COMMA just doesn't work for me. I try to use it in notification msg. tried direct approach with $comma inside the parenthesis, tried with $INFO[bla, $COMMA ,] /$var and tried with control.getlabel(id) with that control label having $comma. none worked.

3) Wraplist and focusposition:
So I have a wraplist, and when using focusposition it does not change the position of the focus itself, it actually moves the position to the NEXT item.
If using fixed list, focusposition will put the position the relative position AND the first focused item will be currentitem=1, but the same in wraplist will end with first focused item currentitem=2. Is this intended?

THANKS!

why doesn't someone please help with the OnPlay/OnStop issue...
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
1-> Refreshing containers via a window prop like Skin Helper Script provides is hacky but required to refresh containers that were empty before (like continue watching or other windows after the playback already has been stopped).
The refresh by the core cannot be changed, because this will cause troubles in skins like Estuary, which aren't using skin hacks.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2019-04-29, 10:29)sualfred Wrote: 1-> Refreshing containers via a window prop like Skin Helper Script provides is hacky but required to refresh containers that were empty before (like continue watching or other windows after the playback already has been stopped).
The refresh by the core cannot be changed, because this will cause troubles in skins like Estuary, which aren't using skin hacks.

Yep that post was when I tried pinpoint the refresh issue I've got with trailers, or any 'non-deterministic' containers outside my**** xmls...
With auto-trailers the issue is with Kodi core OnPlay/OnStop announcements -> list provider refreshes.
With changing content container, whether it's the path or a random playlist for ex. besides changing content it will also reposition, like you've got on the search, in which you fix that with the reset position method in your helper, just with home widgets...

A workaround to not announce a specific play would be great...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of issues (container refresh, $comma, wraplist focusposition)0