"Tuner not available" when attempting to play radio
Using Kodi 18, with the NextPVR addon, I can see the DVB-T radio stations in the radio guide, but when I attempt to play any, I get the popup message:

"NextPVR PVR Client
Tuner not available"

I can play the radio channels OK with NextPVR itself.

Debug log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/rawitikusa.kodi
Although the debug log is taken from a remote Windows 10 (latest insider build) PC, the issue is the same on the Windows 8.1 machine which has both Kodi & NextPVR.

Let me know if there's any further information I can supply to help identify this issue (assuming its not already known).
Radio is broken in v18.0 when timeshifting is enabled I submitted a fix to sub but pulled it because the timeframe was too short to test and build it for the first release.

Martin
(2019-02-06, 18:46)emveepee Wrote: Radio is broken in v18.0 when timeshifting is enabled I submitted a fix to sub but pulled it because the timeframe was too short to test and build it for the first release.

Martin
So, is it a NPVR addon, or Kodi issue?
Are you intending to get the fix in at some point?
It broke with the v180 timeshifting change in the addon and is not Kodi.  Yes I do plan on resubmitting a fix in the next day or two.  I was hoping to include another fix for resume startup but I have to back that out because of Kodi problems.

If you want to test it let me know and I can PM you the link.  I actually don't have real Radio available for testing.

Martin
(2019-02-06, 19:52)emveepee Wrote: It broke with the v180 timeshifting change in the addon and is not Kodi.  Yes I do plan on resubmitting a fix in the next day or two.  I was hoping to include another fix for resume startup but I have to back that out because of Kodi problems.

If you want to test it let me know and I can PM you the link.  I actually don't have real Radio available for testing.

Martin
 Sure, I'll give it a go. Let me know when you've got it.
I'm seeing the same issue. Happy to help with testing.

Andy
Same issue here testing NextPVR, but I also get 404 when Timeshifting is off.

18:24:41.262 T:24168   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://tvservername:8866/live?channeloid...5e50923416:
18:24:41.262 T:24168   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/radio/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7221.pvr]

Drexyl
(2019-02-10, 09:34)Drexyl Wrote: Same issue here testing NextPVR, but I also get 404 when Timeshifting is off.

18:24:41.262 T:24168   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://tvservername:8866/live?channeloid...5e50923416:
18:24:41.262 T:24168   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/radio/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7221.pvr]

Drexyl
Log snippets are typically not preferred, but that clearly show the  404 which actually means the tuner is not available.  Your best bet is to test the same station with the NextPVR PC client and if it works duplicate the attempt from Kodi and start a support thread on the NextPVR forum attaching your zipped NextPVR logs.

Martin
Yeah, sorry I realise that. Was just throwing my hat in the ring for support for getting FM radio fixed. Smile

Long time ServerWMC user, but sadly I am tired of Windows 7 and of WMC not always playing nice with Windows 10, so looking at alternatives. It works in the Next PVR client, but I changed channel numbers. But will definitely start a new thread if I can't resolve it.

Thanks for your reply, and always willing to provide full logs to get FM support working with timeshift enabled. Bit of a show stopper for me (read wife).

Drexyl
The timeshift and radio issue will be resolved in a future release probably 18.1

Martin
Good to know. Hopefully I can fend her off until then. Smile

Thanks for the info Martin.

Drexyl

Should this fix be in 18.1 RC?
Tested both 18.1 RC and latest nightly last night. Both still have the same issue. But I fixed my 404, and have been able to get FM Radio working with Timeshift off now.
Those still are running v3.12 of the addon.

Martin
I gotta stop posting so quick.  I should have checked that first.  Is there anyway to get the preview of the next NextPVR plugin to test?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Tuner not available" when attempting to play radio0