Auto add smart playlist to queue
Smile 
Since I moved from MediaMonkey to Kodi I have been missing MM:s Auto-DJ function. When the last audio track in the queue starts playing, five new tracks are added at the end of the queue, so that the music never ends. These five (or n) tracks is chosen on special premises, exactly like a Smart playlist.
For example: As the last track is starting, the five least played tracks from the music library is added at the end.
I'm looking for a way to implement this on my Kodi installation on OSMC (RPi2). Perhaps I can make use of the Kodi Callbacks addOn, using the onQueueNextItem event? I guess I can trigger a Python script, but I can't figure out how the script should look and where it should be placed in the file system.

I found that maybe the xbmc library could be used... XBMCAddon::xbmc::PlayList::add( ...)

I really need to find a way forward on this. Seems I can grasp most of the components, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to getting things together :-)
(2019-02-08, 16:00)niceboy Wrote: Since I moved from MediaMonkey to Kodi I have been missing MMConfused Auto-DJ function. When the last audio track in the queue starts playing, five new tracks are added at the end of the queue, so that the music never ends. These five (or n) tracks is chosen on special premises, exactly like a Smart playlist.
For example: As the last track is starting, the five least played tracks from the music library is added at the end.
I'm looking for a way to implement this on my Kodi installation on OSMC (RPi2). Perhaps I can make use of the Kodi Callbacks addOn, using the onQueueNextItem event? I guess I can trigger a Python script, but I can't figure out how the script should look and where it should be placed in the file system.

I found that maybe the xbmc library could be used... XBMCAddon::xbmc:TonguelayList::add( ...)

I really need to find a way forward on this. Seems I can grasp most of the components, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to getting things together :-)
I think you will be interested in Kodis https://kodi.wiki/view/Party_Mode
If you require specific support for plugin development please open a thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Ok, thanks. Party mode looks really interesting, and I'll definitely try it out. 
If I need something else I will post it in the Development section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto add smart playlist to queue0