Change Artwork option missing
Hello @sub3

I am wondering why there would be a difference in Context Menu's between two installations.

I have NextPVR backend setup on my main HTPC and have Kodi v18 running on it as well. I have my office computer which I use to connect to the Next PVR backend also. Both PC are running v18 release.

Missing Artwork options
On my office PC, I am able to change artwork using the Context Menu...

On my HTPC I cannot...

Do you know why there would be a difference? Some setting I have overlooked?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Not sub3 but do you have the Advanced Option for  Download TV Guide Artwork set?

Martin
Thanks @emveepee,

I've seen you on here a few times recently. Are you also a developer for NextPVR?

And I better fix that thread title to something more meaningful. Just added a word so I could get the post Preview option to work but forgot to fix it.

I checked that setting and it is enabled on the HTPC (the one without the context menu option) and disabled on the Office PC (the one with the context menu option). It is opposite to what I would have thought. So if I leave it enabled, I don't get the context menu options, so how do I go about changing artwork, as commonly the wrong artwork is downloaded for recordings or guide details?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've been developing addons and clients for NextPVR for quite a while.  I also wrote another addon for Kodi called x-newa that provides the NextPVR UI on Kodi and a few NextPVR users like that since they are used to the NextPVR interface.  I couldn't do any of this without sub's help though since the backend is still closed
source.

To fix artwork you have to do through through the NextPVR UI on the backend, You might be able to do this through x-newa web client too, but I don't bother with the metadata because I watch and delete.  One of the utilites I wrote for NextPVR renames files to match the Kodi filenaming conventions from the TVDB name for those that scan in Kodi.

Martin
Oh, right. I have heard of the x-newa add-on, but not used it. I am not a power user and the NextPVR add-on does everything I need.

(2019-02-07, 06:47)emveepee Wrote: To fix artwork you have to do through through the NextPVR UI on the backend, You might be able to do this through x-newa web client too, but I don't bother with the metadata because I watch and delete.  One of the utilites I wrote for NextPVR renames files to match the Kodi filenaming conventions from the TVDB name for those that scan in Kodi.
Ok, thanks for the info. Like you I usually watch and delete or, if I am keeping a program, snip out the ads, and save it in Kodi the correct way. So I don't really need the artwork either, but was just trying to satisfy my curiosity, in case I see the question asked elsewhere on the forum.

Thanks Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Artwork option missing0