v18 [SOLVED] Problem with profiles
Hi,
i am testing the new v18 (installed on debian from http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/test...ckage/kodi version 5:18.0-dmo1).
I have problems with profiles (not the master) on the first login after start of kodi.

I am testing with the master profile (unchanged) and one extra profile where i set the skin color to gold and selected only "Movies" and "TV Shows" from the main menu items.

first problem: if i login to the extra profile right after the start of kodi the color of the skin is shown standard blue (should be gold) but in the settings gold is selected. So it seems that the right setting of the extra profile is loaded but the color of the master profile is used to paint the skin. After logout and login again the skin shows the right color. If i login first to the master and then to the extra profile the skin shows also the right color, so this happens only at the first login.

second problem: if i login to the extra profile right after the start of kodi the skin addon settings are loaded from the master profile (all main menu items are shown) and overwrites the settings of the extra profile on logout. This also happens only on the first login.
Master is always loaded at start-up, before any secondary profile that may be selected gets loaded (and overwrites the settings from master where both exist). For example, if you look in the debug log (wiki) of such a profile set-up, you can see things like advancedsettings.xml files actually attempt to be loaded twice, once from master and then a second time from the secondary profile.

Normally in this kind of configuration it is best to not use master at all (or just use it for universal items that are common to any and all profiles you may wish to use) and then have two specific additional profiles, one for each colour/source combo/whatever.

It sounds like because the skin settings may only be changed after a refresh (such as logging off/back on) they are not being picked up and applied properly perhaps.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I know that the master settings are loaded always first and merged with the profile settings.
And not using the master profile does not solve the second problem that the plugin settings of the skin is loaded from the master profile on first login and is then saved to the plugin settings of the selected profile. This is a bug.

On v17.6 this was all going well.
Try the following:

- add a autoexec.py at your userdata folder and under each <profilename>-folder under /userdata/profiles
- fill that autoexec.py with the following content:

python:

import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin('ReloadSkin()')

This will cause a skin reload on every kodi start and/or profile switch. Profile support is kind of broken and this might be a workaround.

Please report back if that also works for you.
(2019-02-08, 10:55)DaVu Wrote: Try the following:

- add a autoexec.py at your userdata folder and under each <profilename>-folder under /userdata/profiles
- fill that autoexec.py with the following content:

python:

import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin('ReloadSkin()')

This will cause a skin reload on every kodi start and/or profile switch. Profile support is kind of broken and this might be a workaround.

Please report back if that also works for you.

Great, this is a workaround for both problems.
Thanks a lot
Thanks for the feedback Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Problem with profiles1