No movie poster after upgrade from Kodi 17 to Kodi 18
I resume here the problem I explained in the main general Kodi section.

All my movies have been scraped with TMM, so I have: the movie, the artworks and the .nfo file in the folder of each movie.

After upgrading to Kodi 18.0 Leia, the "MOVIE" pane of Kodi does not show anymore the posters.
If I downgrade to Kodi 17.... everythings come back in the correct way.

Some one in the Kodi forum supposes that the .nfo are not correct and, moreover, that officially the supported .nfo are the ones produced by Kodi and not other tools, since Kodi changes and other parties can not say that in case of problems ii is because Kodi changed.

What is wrong with .nfo produced by TMM and Kodi 18 ?
Have Kodi 18 freshly installed.
Imported a some of my test videos.... (local information "scraper")
which were created half a year ago, and some dummy pictures.

After adding to Kodi, everythings looks fine.
On start page i also see graphics for movies etc...

On exporting the library, and compairing to what it was before, does not bring up any problems.
Ok, we still have some minor differences, but most of the tags match... and have not been changes - whether in Kodi, nor in TMM.

Maybe just a caching issue inside Kodi?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
I am experiencing this issue after upgrading to Kodi 18.
It is happening on every kind of devices I have at home: Sony Xperia smartphone, Windows, nVidia Shield TV and Xiaomi Mi Box S
the common factor is the movie repository that is the same for all: SAMBA share from a NAS and the Kodi version ( 18 Leia )

I can reproduce the issue by removing Kodi 18, clear everything, install Kodi 17, then clear everything again and install Kodi 18.

What I am missing:
in the WALL view, instead of the poster, for each movie Kodi show a piece of the movie, in the same way as when no "poster" file available.

I can not understand if the .nfo file must include the reference for the poster or not.

I am not in the position to say that it is a bug, maybe it is may fault, but again... it works with Kodi 17 and not with 18.

It happens for all the movies I have, but not for the DVD folders.

Can you send to me a copy of a working .nfo?
Poster has nothing to do with NFO.
If there is a single movie in its own folder, Kodi will always search for "poster.ext" (beside "videofilename-poster.ext" and other variants)
see https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Loc...ie_artwork

Just curious:
IF you scrape the movie within Kodi, do you then have a poster and everything?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
@myron

The member is using simple artwork names which are scanned when the following conditions are met...
1. Movie Folders are used
2. Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title must be Enabled in the Set Content Screen.

This setting also allows the movie.nfo filename to be scanned.

In any other case, artwork needs to be named as...
<filename>-poster.jpg
<filename>-fanart.jpg
<filename>.nfo

etc

But when I asked the member to enable the setting, s/he refused. But I think s/he figured it out now.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No movie poster after upgrade from Kodi 17 to Kodi 180