v18 Instructions to build game binary addons don't work (Linux)
(2019-02-09, 11:33)paol Wrote: You mean this script https://github.com/Wintermute0110/Kodi-I...-no-pvr.sh? It's not doing anything different from the official instructions, as far as I can tell.

The only difference to what I did is that I only compiled the "game.*" addons and nothing else. And I'm using a different install prefix - /usr/local.
The binary addons and the binary games addons (the cores) are in different repositories. My scripts change the repository in the Kodi source before compilation, hence the reason why there are different scripts to compile the binary addons and the cores.

If you are using Kodi installed from the PPA I think the installation directory you have to set is /usr/ and not /usr/local/. I'm not 100% sure about this.

In any case, you can compile Kodi, the binary addons and the cores and install them in your user account. I have tested them in both Debian and Ubuntu and work (expect the problems with some binary addons in Ubuntu because of errors in the build system).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Instructions to build game binary addons don't work (Linux) - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-02-09, 11:42

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Instructions to build game binary addons don't work (Linux)00