Party mode issues
Since I moved from MediaMonkey to Kodi (years ago) I have been missing MMConfused Auto-DJ function. When the last audio track in the queue starts playing, five new tracks are added at the end of the queue, so that the music never ends. These five (or n) tracks is chosen on special premises, exactly like a Smart playlist. 
For example: As the last track is starting, the five least played tracks from the music library is added at the end.
I'm looking for a way to implement this on my Kodi installation on OSMC (RPi2).

I have tried Party mode, but it only takes me half the way, unless it's not tweakable. The main issue with Party made is that when I turn it on, it immediately clears the playlist and start the new PM songs. It works as I want though, when I add an album to the current playlist (PM still switched on). As that chosen album is played, new songs are added at the end by PartyMode. Great.
I want Party mode to be always active, but in the background, not starting itself, but rather be triggered by the last song (or so) in the current playlist. 

If Party mode can't be tweaked the way I want, perhaps I can make use of the Kodi Callbacks addOn, using the onQueueNextItem event? 

It would be really nice to find a way forward on this. Seems I can grasp most of the components, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to getting things together :-)
Moved to music

And moved back to Development as you were told to post here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340438
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
service addons get auto started when kodi starts and will run in the background:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Service_add-ons

not sure if i fully get the behavior you're after, but perhaps you can listen for the onPlayBackEnded() callback
and then start the partymode...
python:
def onPlayBackEnded(self):
    xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayerControl(Partymode(music))')
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie, that gave me a big clue.

If I wanted to do this in a simple way, I guess I could just use Kodi Callbacks AddOn and evoke the builtin PlayerControl(Partymode(music)) on the onPlayBackEnded event. I'll give it a shot!
Wink 
It works! And it works exactly as I wanted!
Kodi Callbacks:
  • event: onPlayBackEnded
  • task: PlayerControl(Partymode(music))

Thanks for your help.
...Except now I can't turn off the music, since onPlayBackEnded gets triggered again...
hmmm... pretty sure stopping playback will trigger onPlayBackStopped and not onPlayBackEnded
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Party mode issues0