Kodi-18 and binary addons in Slackware.
Nearly all the documentation for Kodi-18 seems to be aimed at Ubuntu or its derivatives, which isn't much help when trying to build kodi from source in the wider Linux community.

After a lot of faffing about, I've managed to create some experimental slackbuilds for kodi-18 and some binary addons that work for me. The whole saga can be found here:

Slackware, Kodi-18 and addons

The final slackbuilds are near the end of the thread. They have only been tested on Slackware-current (the development branch) with AlienBob's Plasma5 upgrade, so use at your own risk! However, they work for me, and create packages that can be installed and removed with Slackware's own package management tools.

Have fun!

--
Pete
(2019-02-09, 13:32)pchristy Wrote: Nearly all the documentation for Kodi-18 seems to be aimed at Ubuntu or its derivatives, which isn't much help when trying to build kodi from source in the wider Linux community.

After a lot of faffing about, I've managed to create some experimental slackbuilds for kodi-18 and some binary addons that work for me. The whole saga can be found here:

Slackware, Kodi-18 and addons

The final slackbuilds are near the end of the thread. They have only been tested on Slackware-current (the development branch) with AlienBob's Plasma5 upgrade, so use at your own risk! However, they work for me, and create packages that can be installed and removed with Slackware's own package management tools.

Have fun!

--
Pete
[font]Sorry for the duplicate post above, just learning how to post Smile I just wanted to share with you the new installation of
Raspberry Pi 4 + Slackware ARM -current + Kodi 18.4 + FFmpeg 4.2 with x265.
Please follow this link: http://axes2solution.com/kodi-slackware.html[/font]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi-18 and binary addons in Slackware.0