Linux SOLVED Issues with Mythtv playback leia.
I did an upgrade to Leia recently and I've been chasing my tail on a problem. Mythtv playback on my living room htpc is washing out and out of sync with audio. I know that mythtv is fine as it's working perfectly in the bedroom and my laptop.

Only thing left is resolution. Living room tv is 4k. Are there any tweaks I can do to Leia to help smooth the playback? Everything local plays back fine, Seems to be 1080p live tv and recordings that have the issue. And I think it's a resolution or upscaling issue. Am confused and lost.
This just reminded me of a problem I had with 4k on my tcl tv.  I had to manually set the tv for hdmi 2.0, and the cable had to be 2.0 rated, or else I had weird audio sync issues.  possibly you have something of this type occurring.
An update.

After much testing, both on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04, Kodi versions Krypton and Leia, Mythtv .28 and .29 I have determined that Ubuntu itself is the problem. I've run every combination I can think of. The consistent factor is Ubuntu 18.04. I have absolutely no idea how to trace this down as there appear to be no errors in any logs that I can find. I'm thinking an Xorg or Xrandr issue but that is an uneducated guess at best. I have no idea how to work on this problem because without errors one can't trace. All I have is symptoms. Mythtv playback on a 4k screen fails miserably on Ubuntu 18.04 for me regardless of Kodi or Mythtv versions.

All said and done, I have no upgrade path until 20.04. Heres hoping whatever it is is fixed by then. Marking solved as this is clearly not a Kodi issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED Issues with Mythtv playback leia.0