webp exif errors
Hi everyone, recently I moved my pictures to webp format as it saves a lot of space, but in Kodi along with Gwenwiew I'm getting no exif information, however if I open my pics with xnview mp program I can see everything in exiftool section. I used my script with cwebp to convert jpegs and other pictures (https://github.com/sunhort/cwebpconv) with command
bash:
find . -name "*.jpg" | parallel --bar --eta cwebp -q 90 -m 6 -segments 4 -sharp_yuv -v -metadata all {} -o {.}.webp
Is there any way to fix that as I planning to use Kodi across my devices in homenet? (Probably the best way will be displaying metadata from Create date of exif/xmp section of exiftool?)
May be there is addon or something that can display data using exiftool?
Also if I use  exiftool /file.webp | grep 'Create Date' I get correct information
(2019-02-09, 22:57)sunhort Wrote: Is there any way to fix that
Providing the code via Github for displaying WebP images inside Kodi would be nice, as currently Kodi does not (yet) support the WebP image format AFAIK.
(2019-02-09, 23:08)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 22:57)sunhort Wrote: Is there any way to fix that
Providing the code via Github for displaying WebP images inside Kodi would be nice, as currently Kodi does not (yet) support the WebP image format AFAIK. 
 It worked out of the box, I'm using Kubuntu 18.04 and Kodi 17.6 Krypon, not sure where to start
apt install webp maybe helped? not sure again, Kodi 18 Leia in my Android 7 phone worked out of the box too
(2019-02-10, 00:19)sunhort Wrote:  It worked out of the box, I'm using Kubuntu 18.04 and Kodi 17.6 Krypon
(2019-02-10, 00:26)sunhort Wrote: Kodi 18 Leia in my Android 7 phone worked out of the box too
In that case, our Wiki needs updating. Blush
Someone already did that? Blush
https://kodi.wiki/view/Features_and_supp...at_support
Digital picture/image formats: BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX, Targa/TGA and WebP

But what to do with exif? Looks like webp have it's own strange section with metadata that could be pulled only with exiftool, is there way to ask someone to make a plugin to implement
bash:
exiftool /file.webp | grep 'Create Date'
feature? well there will be difference for windows linux and android users.
No one knows when stable AVIF and it's support will come out, and this could be helpful for a whole bunch of people.
For reference xnview mp have support for flif by now, and still AVIF support is not implemented. Loking at webp as google format has a lot of reasons, but latest stable releases of firefox have native support of it now.
(2019-02-10, 12:33)sunhort Wrote: Someone already did that? Blush
I had a sudden spur of creativity.
(2019-02-10, 13:38)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 12:33)sunhort Wrote: Someone already did that? Blush
I had a sudden spur of creativity. 
Probably you should point out "experimental support" as it have problems with metadata Blush Angel
Why would you change from jpeg? Seems like a lot of work for something you could fix by adding more storage.
(2019-02-10, 16:15)EventPhotoMan Wrote: Why would you change from jpeg? Seems like a lot of work for something you could fix by adding more storage.
 Lots of pictures, don't have that much money now as I keep files in raid1 (after loosing lots of data). Really in some cases webp gives you 3x compression some 10%, it's worth it overall as all my hard drives are full now
I have an 8tb attached.

How much room do you need?

Then again I have six 3tb on-line also.
@Klojum 
I think that if pillow (PIL) is updated along with libwebp all will work
if you just look at the webpimageplugin.py in kodi 18.2 compared to the one from the master
pillow branch there is alot more coded in.
Basic avif support is available, https://github.com/notspiff/imagedecoder.avif i just do not have much time to get it published properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
webp exif errors0