v18 NPVR ADDON disappeared and none listed in KODI nor at KODI Website
Huge problems with KODI. Was working fine after updating from version 17.6. But today I noticed I was missing a few TV channels from the GUIDE. Went to check to see in settings the channel were there. They were all there and active. Uninstalled 18.0 and reinstalled. Now I only have three TV Channels listed and no NPVR ADDON in ADDON repository.

Went to KODI Website and searched ADDON and came back as none existed. What the hell happened. KODI is useless without the NPVR ADDON and having all my channels listed.

Uninstalled completely including Profile file and installed version 18.1 . Same exact thing. What is weird when I reinstalled version 17.6 earlier same thing was happening . No NPVR ADDON to activate.

Is this possible symptom my TV Tuner is failing? Hauppauge two  tuner card is defective now? Or has KODI stopped supporting NVPR ?
Just started KODI 18.1 and NOW NPVR is being listed. Installed ADDON and now everything is showing and working as before. Unfortunately, I lost all the extra ADDONs I had but will reinstall them later.

Still don't know why at KODI.COM the NPVR ADDON is not listed.

Hopefully this won't happen again and this new RC version has less bugs.
You need to go to the Kodi repository to reinstall new PVR clients in v18

A failed tuner won't impact the client if the server is running.

If the reinstall doesn't fix it we need your zipped NextPVR logs and you debug Kodi.log

Nartin
Thanks for the quick Reply.

After uninstalling version 18.0 than installing version 18.1 with no change. No NPVR ADDON listed under PVR Clients ADDON.  But suddenly now after logging in to KODI again after starting my new Thread, I saw the NPVR Client was again listed under PVR Clients Addons. Installed it and now everything is working good again.

Don't know if it was due to a hiccup in Windows or KODI got corrupted all of a sudden. It just started right after I installed a new Indoor/Outdoor antenna to my tuner. When I went to kodi tv listings, I had several channels not listed anymore even though it was listed in under Settings Channel Manager and active. That is when I re-installed version 17.6 but with no change. I then installed version 18.1 to see if it will have the NPVR Addon. But it didn't at first. After about an hour later on, it then did show the NPVR Addon listing under PVR Clients Addons.

So I really don't know what was going on. I was looking under KODI Repository addons. How come KODI doesn't list NPVR Addon at KODI.com ADDon page?

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. If it happens again, I will upload NPVR and KODI logs for analysis.
Kodi repo binary addons like pvr-nextpvr are not typical python addons. They are listed at

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-binary-addons

Martin
Thanks,

Good information to know for the future.
Just an update.

Found out why in my guide it only showed three channels. It was my fault for that but it did show a minor bug.

At the top of the guide in the Taskbar, it shows "All Channels" and "ATSC". I accidentally must of hit the  "ATSC" channels thus just showing three channels. But when I clicked on the back "Arrow" to the left of the "ATSC" it disappeared and I wasn't able to go back to show "All Channels".

Later on when I deliberately again clicked on "ATSC" menu at top of the guide's taskbar, I again saw the three channels as before. As before I was unable to change back via the Taskbar.

So I clicked on the Options Star at the bottom right corner in the guide and in there I was able to again choose "All Channels".

But when all this started, I was missing suddenly a few channels from the guide under "All Channels".

Anyways, just saying it was my fault that it ended up showing just three channels thus giving me the impression I had a bad installation or serious problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NPVR ADDON disappeared and none listed in KODI nor at KODI Website0