• 13(current)
Release IPTV Merge
(2021-05-07, 02:06)IamDan Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 02:42)matthuisman Wrote: just pushed 0.16.2

1) IPTV Merge now supports IPTV Manager compatible add-ons (https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv....ted-Addons)
2) Added Pseudotv live to integrations
3) Add support for tvg-shift and catchup-correction in #EXTM3U line

@IamDan
Can you update IPTV Merge to 0.16.2
Then go to playlists > add > add-on > Pseudotv live
then run a merge and see if it works?
Seems to work with my very simple setup
Only annoying thing is Pseudotv live asks to setup IPTV Simple every kodi start-up.
Seems there is no way to disable that check
Mate you are a bloody legend! Ill have to try in couple of days as I'm away from home. I really appreciate your hard work. Ill ask the Pseudotv dev if he can make some changes on his end.
(2021-05-07, 02:33)matthuisman Wrote: @IamDan
yeh, he just needs to make it ask when it first runs only - not every time the service starts

@matthuisman Thanks for adding support for PseudoTV; however, due to the nature of this plugin its meant to have primary control over IPTV simple, which is why users are prompted if the m3u/xmltv in use is NOT PseudoTV's.
@IamDan There is nothing to fix, you should let PseudoTV remain the primary source for IPTV simple and use PseudoTV Lives Import tools to handle the m3u/xmltv from IPTV Merge, the same end result just the opposite approach.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@IamDan
Good luck

@Lunatixz
The same can be said for IPTV Merge, IPTV Manager and Sling - yet they don't ask their users at every boot.
Hope you reconsider for the sake of your users.
Even if its just an advanced setting to hide the notification.
Another potential issue is if IPTV Simple changes their settings names - your add-on will think it's not setup correctly and keep asking on boot.
(2021-05-07, 03:44)matthuisman Wrote: @IamDan
Good luck

@Lunatixz
The same can be said for IPTV Merge, IPTV Manager and Sling - yet they don't ask their users at every boot.
Hope you reconsider for the sake of your users.
Even if its just an advanced setting to hide the notification.
Another potential issue is if IPTV Simple changes their settings names - your add-on will think it's not setup correctly and keep asking on boot.

SlingTV, and your plugin deal with preexisting channels and their preassigned channel numbers. They are passively passing channels to IPTV simple...

Whereas PseudoTV users are creating channels and assigning channel numbers.

I don't see the comparison...

There are no plans to change the prompt, there is already a silent option however, the settings will be enforced silently not bypassed.

When development is over, I can look into alternatives however for now the only alternative is for users to import their third-party m3u/xmltv files through PseudoTV.

Any time you use another application things can change, towit you push updates to correct for the change.
Wink 
Huge thanks to both of you guys! Im only running a couple of repos on my setup and its each of yours Laugh  When I get home Ill have another play around with the information you have armed me with.

Again thanks!!
i personally think no add-on should spam dialogs when not user-initiated - regardless of what that user has done.
if it's really serious - then make it a 1-shot at least.

maybe the team needs some guidelines / rules around this sort of thing for official add-ons.
its just not user friendly regardless of what the developer thinks is best.

imagine all the other add-ons that want their IPTV Simple settings asking on boot as well.

Please just have a think.
I dont think you'd appreciate other add-ons you use showing you dialogs on every boot.
I know the main issue is "me" - but just ignore that and actually think about what's best.

Your essentially forcing users to use your add-on if it's installed.
Maybe they want to try X and come back to it etc.
I had to remove it just to remove the dialogs.
Instead of just coming back to try it at another time.
And it's Beta - so lots of users will be trialling it.

"Any time you use another application things can change, towit you push updates to correct for the change."
True, but with your add-on - they are spammed every boot until you push changes and they get those changes.
What happens if you go missing for a month. Your just setting yourself up for more complaints.
(2021-05-07, 04:37)matthuisman Wrote: i personally think no add-on should spam dialogs when not user-initiated - regardless of what that user has done.
if it's really serious - then make it a 1-shot at least.

maybe the team needs some guidelines / rules around this sort of thing for official add-ons.
its just not user friendly regardless of what the developer thinks is best.

imagine all the other add-ons that want their IPTV Simple settings asking on boot as well.

Please just have a think.
I dont think you'd appreciate other add-ons you use showing you dialogs on every boot.
I know the main issue is "me" - but just ignore that and actually think about what's best.

Your essentially forcing users to use your add-on if it's installed.
Maybe they want to try X and come back to it etc.
I had to remove it just to remove the dialogs.
Instead of just coming back to try it at another time.
And it's Beta - so lots of users will be trialling it.

"Any time you use another application things can change, towit you push updates to correct for the change."
True, but with your add-on - they are spammed every boot until you push changes and they get those changes.
What happens if you go missing for a month. Your just setting yourself up for more complaints.

WTH, LOL are you telling me a user can't uninstall or disable the plugin if it's not in use? Nothing is spammed, it only a prompt when some core changes are made. Which is 100 in guidelines of the repository! I really think you're reaching here...

The project is a BETA there is no guarantee of anything! When the project is nearing a release a deeper examination can be made; however, for now it is what it is...
i wouldn't call another add-ons settings changing a core change.
and its not notifying when the change happens - else it would be one notification.
Its a persistent notification

anyway, I don't want to get into it again with you.
Your add-on, your rules.

I'm sure you'll change it the once IPTV simple settings change and all your users start seeing it.

I personally have a "Setup IPTV Simple" entry in the add-on itself.
This only shows and is bold when it detects they aren't setup.
(2021-05-07, 05:15)matthuisman Wrote: i wouldn't call another add-ons settings changing a core change.
and its not notifying when the change happens - else it would be one notification.
Its a persistent notification

anyway, I don't want to get into it again with you.
Your add-on, your rules.

LMFAO you are a character...
what kind of response is that?
thats turning personal.
I truly don't know how your still on the team.
can't accept any constructive criticism.

ill just wait and like the other times - you will end up coming to the same conclusion "on your own"
mmm humble pie - nom nom nom
(2021-05-07, 05:19)matthuisman Wrote: what kind of response is that?
thats turning personal.
I truly don't know how your still on the team.
can't accept any constructive criticism.

ill just wait and like the other times - you will end up coming to the same conclusion "on your own"
mmm humble pie - nom nom nom

We were having a constructive conversation until it was made personal by you... How do you not see that?

Quote:anyway, I don't want to get into it again with you.
Your add-on, your rules.

How is that a constructive statement? You have passive aggressive tendencies, with a touch of over sensitivity...

Chill, reflect... And reexamine.
(2021-05-06, 16:30)richardk Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 00:08)matthuisman Wrote: @richardk
How are you creating a channel favourite?
everytime I do it, i get a pvr:// path in favourites regardless of any other settings
What menu are you creating it from? can you screenshot?
Can you PM me the playlist from M3U4U?
I'd like to see why IPTV merge thinks it's changing. The order shouldn't affect it.
Only tvg-id or the url

@phunkyfish
ill send them via slack
Thanks again!  I'll see if I can duplicate the failure, and get you all that info.  Will probably be tomorrow, though.
Ok, I think I was a bit confused -- not unusual for me.  Yes, I do get pvr:// path in favorites regardless of any other settings.   I think the crashes were happening because I had created "favourites.xml" on one system, and copied the file to another system, which resulted in some of the pvr:// path strings not matching the correct strings on the other system.  So the crashes are probably only very indirectly related to the IPTV Merge addon.  

I was able to recreate the crash easily -- by reading the favourites.xml file into an editor, and changing one number in the pvr:// path string, saving the file, rebooting, and then attempting to play the "favorite" item that was changed.  It's apparently a bug in the PVR IPTV Simple addon, or somewhere else within the Kodi 19.0 code.  

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!
(2021-05-07, 23:15)richardk Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 16:30)richardk Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 00:08)matthuisman Wrote: @richardk
How are you creating a channel favourite?
everytime I do it, i get a pvr:// path in favourites regardless of any other settings
What menu are you creating it from? can you screenshot?
Can you PM me the playlist from M3U4U?
I'd like to see why IPTV merge thinks it's changing. The order shouldn't affect it.
Only tvg-id or the url

@phunkyfish
ill send them via slack
Thanks again!  I'll see if I can duplicate the failure, and get you all that info.  Will probably be tomorrow, though.
Ok, I think I was a bit confused -- not unusual for me.  Yes, I do get pvr:// path in favorites regardless of any other settings.   I think the crashes were happening because I had created "favourites.xml" on one system, and copied the file to another system, which resulted in some of the pvr:// path strings not matching the correct strings on the other system.  So the crashes are probably only very indirectly related to the IPTV Merge addon.  

I was able to recreate the crash easily -- by reading the favourites.xml file into an editor, and changing one number in the pvr:// path string, saving the file, rebooting, and then attempting to play the "favorite" item that was changed.  It's apparently a bug in the PVR IPTV Simple addon, or somewhere else within the Kodi 19.0 code.  

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!
I have added Locast thru IPTV Merge so can I delete IPTM manager or do I still need it?
it shouldn't be needed Smile
But maybe just keep or disable in-case required in the future. But you could always re-install
(2021-05-10, 00:02)matthuisman Wrote: it shouldn't be needed Smile
But maybe just keep or disable in-case required in the future. But you could always re-install
IPTV works much better than IPTV Manager, all of your addons I use have never lost there customizations.
With IPTV Manager I lost them every time guide reloaded.

One other thing, I don't get any guide data with Catchup TV and More. I'll look closer maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks
@rocko 
hmmm not sure. You could try it with IPTV Manager.
If it works with that, then must be something in IPTV Merge.
Let me know if that's the case
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0