• 21(current)
Release IPTV Merge
@matthuisman
Would it be possible to get a option for the Individual links in the m3u8 file to be output with .m3u instead of the .pvr so I could import them into another program.
No sorry. The urls ending with .pvr are plugin paths. They callback an addon to get the real url.
That's why they start with plugin://.
These won't work anywhere else.

If you use merge with normal playlists (not plugins), you'll get normal urls in the merged playlist that can be used elsewhere. Just make sure to disable "use proxy" in the IPTV merge settings then run merge
@matthuisman I am just using Iptv merge and 4 of your Plugins. Pluto TV Stirr The one for Plex and Stremium. Those are the only things I have installed besides anything else required by Iptv merge and wanted to be able to have a output file that had links that I could use elsewhere!
Then not possible sorry
@matthuisman if I used Kodi with NextPVR would it pass everything needed to NextPVR to allow me to record?
No.. it's a Kodi addon for Kodi that works with other Kodi addons.

You should ask on the other software your using forums. Maybe someone there can make something for you.
@matthuisman I am not using anything currently other than Kodi but I want to learn to program. What language or languages did you use for your addons?
why are you asking about NextPVR then?

Most kodi add-ons are written in Python (including mine)
source code is here:
https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.addons

Thats as far as I can help you.
Plenty of forums around for help with Python etc
@matthuisman Thanks a bunch I have never coded before but wanting to learn so I have been looking at your Pluto plugin to understand all the workings.
@matthuisman I was looking at your source code for the Pluto add on and was wondering what part of it or python module actually does the scraping of the channel links and Epg Thanks in advance just trying to understand coding better and I like your work!
The scraping of the data is mostly done on my servers and the add-ons just pull it from there (eg. https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/app.json)
The server scraping code is private

Your also off topic now, so please no more questions unless its issues with the add-ons.
I'd really wish there'd be support for the Joyn addon...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
its the add-ons that need to add support for IPTV Manager / IPTV Merge (not the other way around)

ask the developer of Joyn  to add support for IPTV Manager  (https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv.manager)
If it adds support for IPTV manager, it'll also work with IPTV Merge (best of both worlds)
(2021-09-02, 08:55)matthuisman Wrote: its the add-ons that need to add support for IPTV Manager / IPTV Merge (not the other way around)

ask the developer of Joyn  to add support for IPTV Manager  (https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv.manager)
If it adds support for IPTV manager, it'll also work with IPTV Merge (best of both worlds)
Done, now we'll see Huh
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
So I'm noticing a new thing since yesterday - and I'm not sure if it's just a "my system" thing or not.

I have IPTV Merge on 18.9 set to update every 4 hours and to output the epg and playlist to a remote directory (my server so that the data can be fed to multiple Kodi devices both local and "next door" which is on a different network.

If there is NO epg or playlist file in the remote directory, IPTVMerge successfully copies to the remote directory upon merge.  However, 4 hours later when the next merge runs, it does not copy and replace the files in the remote directory. The local files (in the addon directory DO update - just not the remote ones).  From looking at a debug Kodi log, I don't even see IPTV execute the copy command.  So, I go manually delete the epg/playlist file in the remote director and run another merge - and the files are successfully copied to the remote directory (and the logs DO show the copy command). So it appears that the copy command isn't executed if those filenames already exist in that remote folder. This happens even with a manual merge if those files exist in the remote folder (so I don't think it's the auto merge). Thus in order to keep the guide up-to-date, I've got to manually delete the files on my server for IPTV merge to put the new copies out there.

Any ideas if something has changed Kodi/addon side, or if I've got a new gremlin somewhere in my system?
Thanks!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0