• 22(current)
Release IPTV Merge
Forgot to include a log in case it is helpful.  I've had the debug for a little over 24 hours while I was testing (and then while I slept to see what would happen with the auto merges), so I've only included the last 7 or so hours. So there are a few auto merges and the last one is a manual merge AFTER I had deleted the remote files (when IPTVMerge successfully copied).   https://pastebin.com/CLHzHV8K
found the issue (was kodi 18 only) Smile
should be fixed with latest slyguy common update (0.42.7)
(2021-09-06, 02:04)matthuisman Wrote: does kodi have permission to delete files on that server?

It the dest file already exists, it will delete the file before copying the new one.
If it fails to delete, it'll also fail to copy as it won't overwrite.

And what versions IPTV Merge are you using?

Also, if you run two force merges, it also won't update the remote files?
It will ever only update if they don't exist?
Kodi should have permission as I haven't changed anything in the overall setup that I'm aware of on the server (Windows Server 2012r2 for the time being until I find the spare time to upgrade).  I've even tried it on two different directories local to the machine running kodi itself (Windows 10 Pro) and I'm running Kodi under an account with admin permissions on both. But even when I switch the output to the local directory - if the file exists they will not update even with a force merge (or two force merges in a row). The files in the addon directory end up with the new timestamps, but the files in the output directory are not updated. I can run a batch file to do so after IPTV merges and the files are replaced successfully, but I'd rather not have to add the extra step.

Looks like I'm running 0.20.0 of IPTV Merge and 0.42.5 of SlyGuy Common (if that matters).

Despite using Kodi as a local video library for years, I'm still a bit new to the workings of Kodi 'under the dash' and with addons so to speak - so is there a setting somewhere in Kodi itself that I can check to make sure the kodi processes have access where it needs to in case I did change something I'm not aware of? The only thing I remember doing is switching to another Kodi profile to update the video library for that profile (a MySQL setup) and then switched back to the main profile running IPTV merge. And shortly after that is when I noticed that the files in the output directory were not being updated.
i edited my comment i think while you were replying

found the issue (was kodi 18 only) 
As you didn't have top of log, I didn't know what versions you were running and only tested with kodi 19 originally

Follow this to force update:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2021/07/force...d-ons.html
(2021-09-06, 02:34)matthuisman Wrote: i edited my comment i think while you were replying

As you didn't have top of log, I didn't know what versions you were running and only tested with kodi 19 originally

Yep - saw your edited reply after I posted.  Went to force update and Slyguy common is now 0.42.8 and I can confirm that it worked.  Thanks!
One of these days I'll learn just to post the full log - even though that one was MASSIVE since I had had it running overnight to catch the auto merges just in case (or at least restart Kodi and just demonstrate what I want to demonstrate in the log ;-) )
(2021-09-06, 02:38)mastertheshadow Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 02:34)matthuisman Wrote: i edited my comment i think while you were replying

Yep - saw your edited reply after I posted.  Went to force update and Slyguy common is now 0.42.8 and I can confirm that it worked.  Thanks!
One of these days I'll learn just to post the full log - even though that one was MASSIVE since I had had it running overnight to catch the auto merges just in case (or at least restart Kodi and just demonstrate what I want to demonstrate in the log ;-) )
I'll move to Kodi 19 eventually - but I'm holding out for now in hopes that my favorite TV Guide addon will be updated before I do. . . either that, or I have to find time to learn Python myself and that's. . . daunting.
(2020-11-26, 16:23)vip. Wrote: I use idanplus addon to watch Israeli channels
Hi
Thanks for your add on.
It works great with Hebrew, but with Arabic there is a problem, as you can see in the picture.
Looks like your using a font in Kodi that doesn't support those characters. Nothing addon can do about that. You'll need change font in Kodi settings
I have a paid subscription to an iptv provider. Because they have too many channels that I don't need and Simple IPTV can not handle so many channels, I'm using m3u4u to only sync several channels. When pasting the new m3u4u url in Simple IPTV client, it doesn't find any channels. So I'm using this IPTV Merge add-on from MJH to be able to see the channels in Simple IPTV.

So far so good, but when watching a stream, the stream suddenly stops after 30 sec - 1 min. Sometimes it can last longer until max 5 minutes.

So I thought:
- it could be because the provider is kicking me out but that's not possible neither since I'm using the m3u4u-url on my ios-device using another iptv client and that same channel works flawlessly
- maybe there's something wrong with the settings? I did a clean install of Kodi and immediately tried the iptv
- maybe I need to local host it, but that can't be the reason since it only occurs to a few channels; not all channels...

Or is there something wrong with the setting of this addon?
Try going into IPTV merge settings > playback and disable the use proxy setting and then run merge again and then test
What’s the purpose for “Use IPTV Merge Proxy for HTTP Streams” - what will enabling or disabling actually do? What’s the purpose of this proxy?
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
It allows some extra features. Eg. Selecting the quality of the stream / forcing a quality. Also allows using inputstream adaptive for playback which can work better (or worse) than ffmpeg. And allows all the other slyguy stuff that isn't really documented (dns rewrites etc).

After adjusting the setting, you need to run merge to generate a new playlist that uses the new setting.
Morning all,

Was wondering, does this addon fully supports EPG files zipped up in .gz format?

I have two epg's both zipped up and both not working (either) correctly or at all.

One of them showing empty list, other one working but has some channels missing. So at the moment, I'm using iptv merge only for playlists and epg link has been set up directly with  IPTV Simple Client

Thanks
yes, gz is fine
If the lists are not using matching id's for the EPG > Playlist mapping, try disable the "Remove EPG Orphans" setting in IPTV Merge
(2022-01-04, 22:33)matthuisman Wrote: yes, gz is fine
If the lists are not using matching id's for the EPG > Playlist mapping, try disable the "Remove EPG Orphans" setting in IPTV Merge

Thanks, works perfectly now Wink
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0