• 31(current)
Release IPTV Merge
Just thought i would update, everything is working now. I updated to kodi 20 and every started working again. So it must have been something underlying between kodi and python on ubuntu 22.04.
(2022-12-15, 07:16)matthuisman Wrote: You can set an entire playlist to default to hidden and then enable just channels you want.

No way to do via groups yet.

Disabling by hand hundreds of channels is just not practical. Hope to see this feature.
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
As my comment, you can make a playlist have it's channels disabled (hidden) by default. And then you simply unhide the channels you want. Ie. Reversed logic.
Quick question. The recent update changed the way the playlist tvg-name is handled.

When merged it renamed mine to the channel name. Instead of leaving it the way I had it.

Example I have in my playlist
tvg-name=5.1 WNYWDT, FOX NEW YORK

But when merged it changes it to
tvg-name=FOX NEW YORK, FOX NEW YORK

Was that on purpose? It’s causing issues with mapping my epg to those channels
Hi guys, anyone else having issues with IPTV merge atm or have i done something wrong? Ive tried everything short of uninstalling it all completely and starting over and i can not get the epg to populate. Just shows channel names. Has been working fine up till now.
As of today, it seems the way the EPG is handled has changed. Up until now if a channel was hidden, it would not populate to the EPG. Today while the Playslists are respecting the hidden tags and not pushing those channels to the playlist - the same cannot be said for the EPG - it appears as if all channels (even the hidden ones) are going to the EPG.  Thus my EPG from IPTVMerge has grown from about 12MB to 84MB.  There is also at least one channel that one of my EPG clean up programs (that does some global time corrections before I load the EPG into my guide program) doesn't like as it was hanging on it and throwing an error. When I manually removed the reference to the channel (I'll have to go back and recreate if needed to see which one it was becuase I was unfortunatley not paying enough attention when troublshooting) my time correction program finaly processed the EPG from IPTVMerge, but the actual guide program I'm running (M-TVGuide in KODI) now throws an error that the XMLTV file is in the wrong format and won't load it (after taking about 5 times as long to process it). So it does seem like there were some changes that might have thrown some kinks into the EPG process.
i removed the "remove epg orphans" option yesterday as I figured it wasn't worth it.

What that was doing was while processing the epgs, if the epg channel id didn't have a matching tvg-id from the playlist - it would be skipped.

I figured that this isn't great as lots of epgs rely on the tvg-name or name matching if no matches for tvg-id and was worried that it would lead to people not getting EPG for channels that were removed but who's name would match.

UPDATE:
Oh, but maybe I could update default behavior to "blacklist" epgs ids for any hidden channels and then skip epgs for those. Let me have a think
Ok, I can understand that - and can handle the longer processing times. But is that all that has changed?  The new EPG will not process at all in any of the programs I have been using (I haven't tried IPTV Simple yet because my overall tv setup is a bit too complicated for IPTV Simple).  I keep getting an error that the XMLTV file is not in the correct format and thus it will not load in m-TVGuide. When processing it with WG2MP - which simply replaces the time offset with a corrected time string for the local time zone it hangs and throws out a tag mismatch error (I've been using WG2MP because without it, m-TVGuide couldn't translate the time offsets for some of the programming from your apps - some would be 8 hours off, some 12, etc - an error I chalked up to the way m-TVGuide tries to read and adjust time offsets between my various EPGs). 

Pseudo-edit: I've been running some trial-and-error tests in the background while typing this and have figured out that whatever the issue is with my setup is coming from IPTV AU - at least one of the channels I must have had hidden before must be tagged/formatted in a way that the programs I'm using do not like as when I disable IPTV AU from processing in IPTVMerge completely - things work as they should again - they just take longer to load because of the larger EPG file (250 seconds as opposed to 40). I only had a few channels from IPTV AU programmed in anyway, so I'll just stop using it.
Oh. One of the au channels was missing a channel name which seems to have broken a bunch of stuff. It should be fixed shortly

UPDATE:
Australia EPG should now be fixed
Also added back in the epg orphans setting (now called "Remove EPG entries without matching tvg-id")
(2023-01-09, 07:25)matthuisman Wrote: Oh. One of the au channels was missing a channel name which seems to have broken a bunch of stuff. It should be fixed shortly

UPDATE:
Australia EPG should now be fixed
Also added back in the epg orphans setting (now called "Remove EPG entries without matching tvg-id")

Brilliant! Everything seems to be working as it was for me.  Thanks!
@matthuisman hi, I'm using your plugin on android (11).
when choosing a playlist made by another kodi plugin, I have to select a file in the "special://" path.
for some reason, when inputting the path directly, the playlist cannot be loaded, while the xml is loaded.
is there a way to actually "browse" into the userdata folder thru your plugin, and just select the m3u file?
Hi Matt,
Im using your addons for a while now very successful, Thanks for your work. On my Nvidia Shield I unfortunately activated the automated updated. So my kodi updated to Nexus. I was surprised. Most things still running without a problem. Unfortunately the IPTV merge plugin did not run as expected and before. I had to do some folder changes where I store my source epg files. Selecting the epgs files and plug ins for epg files to be merged, the IPTV merge plugin does not recognize any of your plug ins anymore. Beside that I can not select any source folder anymore  for the epgs to be merged. Any idea to solve this? Thanks in advance
JuRo
I read on another forum that you may have to check your Android file permissions to ensure that Kodi has the required permission to access Local files.

Find the link, it was at the top of the forums: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371331&pid=3132727#pid3132727
Hi,
in the meantime I found this as well and problem with the files seems to be solved but not with the add-on e.g pluto and Samsung TV. A simmple re-update is not solving the problem.
Greetings
Juro
Unfortunately Shield does not save the access right settings. So when you restart shield the app rights defaults are startet. This is that access to media is allowed when using the app.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0