• 5(current)
Release IPTV Merge
With version 0.7.1 if i disable the addon Proxy to get the original channel urls in the playlist output, Kodi props aren't written, altough they are in the data.db
For example:
xml:

#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.ffmpegdirect
#KODIPROP:inputstream.ffmpegdirect.stream_mode=timeshift
oh, your right!
It used to proxy everything so didn't need to worry about putting them in the merged playlist.

I'll get a fix out Smile
Thank you!
0.7.2 just pushed that should now work Smile
Wow! That was really fast!
https://imgur.com/AoJSV03

hey guys,

suddenly started to receive this error while merging 2 playlists and 2 epgs. untill now it was at least half an year working. Both playlists and EPGs are separatly working normally.

any idea

thanks
Let me guess. An android device?

Seems python on kodi on some android devices doesn't like seeking in a file.

Its only getting to that because one of your EPG sources is failing. Try disabling one by one (via context menu) until you get a good merge. Once you know what source is failing, investigate why. Maybe URL has changed etc.

I'm working on a fix for the seek issue hopefully today

UPDATE:
Ok, just pushed 0.7.6 that fixes the SEEK issue

Python on some device sdoesn't like using seek with open(path, 'rb') or codecs.open(path, 'rb')
However, it does work using io.FileIO(path, 'rb')
So swapped to using that when needing to seek.

Also, that fixes the gzip IOError where it would need to use the android built-in gzip binary.
So now it can just use pythons gzip by using gzip.GzipFile(fileobj=io.FileIO(in_path, 'rb'))

YAH!
Great, everything works like before.

Thank you for great and fast solving issue
@matthuisman 

Hi, now another problem appeared. I have two EPGs and one of them causes problem with IPTV merge. If I put it directly to simple player there is no problem but in IPTV merge it shows 0 channels. But there is no error in log.
It looks that problem is caused by "&" in code.

<title>R&amp;B JAMMIN&apos;</title>
<category>R&B</category>

Do you thing this can be a problem and if yes is there any way to solve it?

Thank you in advance
Hi 

Thanks for your continued work on this great add-on.

I have a suggestion for improving it when you have some time:

I am using it with the dstv-now addon as well as an iptv service to merge them together.
What I sometimes get is that I only see my iptv channels in the list and it is usually when the dstv now addon channel list fails to merge.  The way I know it is if I open iptv merge and go to playlists and find that dstv-now is marked in red and on the left it has the timestamp of when it tried to merge but failed, which can then usually be fixed by just running a merge manually again.

So I was wondering if you can maybe add a setting in the addon similar to the 'auto merge sources' setting where one can maybe set a timeout / retry interval for it to retry after a failure.  This should avoid having to run the merge manually after a failure.

Thanks in advance.
Even after a source failure, the last good data should still be used. But yeh, the next try won't be until the next merge time.

So, yeh. I could add some new settings to each source. Number of retries and time between retries.
(2020-08-02, 08:14)matthuisman Wrote: Even after a source failure, the last good data should still be used. But yeh, the next try won't be until the next merge time.

So, yeh. I could add some new settings to each source. Number of retries and time between retries.

In my case usually the last good data does not seems to be used as I dont see the dstv now channels in the list and my uk iptv then numbers from 1 at the top.  I prefer to have the dstv now channels first in the list as the channel numbering is same as the actual satellite offering.  Starts at 101 and ends at 525. My UK iptv then starts from 902. My setup is as follow though:
playlist1 - dstv now addon
playlist2 - local file

epg1 - dstv now addon
epg2 - url

Would be great if you could add number of retries and time between retries.
I've checked and even on a failed playlist grab, it should still use the last good data.

I have just pushed an update that removes the behaviour of 2nd playlist channel numbers starting after the 1st.
It's now gone back to every playlist channel numbers starting from 1 the new default.
This can be changed to a higher number in the playlist source settings.
This means the order of the playlists is now irrelevant (same as epg).

Maybe that will help.

But yeh, if a source fails, the data is rolled back for that source.
So should never lose the channels...

Please try with latest version.
(2020-08-03, 00:51)matthuisman Wrote: I've checked and even on a failed playlist grab, it should still use the last good data.

I have just pushed an update that removes the behaviour of 2nd playlist channel numbers starting after the 1st.
It's now gone back to every playlist channel numbers starting from 1 the new default.
This can be changed to a higher number in the playlist source settings.
This means the order of the playlists is now irrelevant (same as epg).

Maybe that will help.

But yeh, if a source fails, the data is rolled back for that source.
So should never lose the channels...

Please try with latest version.

Thanks will try and give feedback

Edit:
Ok so after installing 0.8.4 my dstv channels started at 0 so I had to go into playlists and specify starting channel number: 101 to get same channel numbering as before which is also the same as dstv's satellite offering.
My local playlist I set to start at 902 as this was the default before and I obviously got used to channels numbers as I started memorizing them.
So this was the only step I took so far to fix it so it was like before.  I will now keep an eye whenever dstv playlist fail if it disappears again from the list.
You can simulate a failure by editing

addons/plugin.video.dstv.now/.iptv_merge

change
"playlist": "plugin://$ID/?_=playlist&output=$FILE"
to
"playlist": "plugin://$ID/?_=playlist&output=$FIL"

And then "Run Merge". the DSTV playlist should fail.
But you should still have the channels
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0