• 6(current)
Release IPTV Merge
(2020-08-03, 01:31)matthuisman Wrote: You can simulate a failure by editing

addons/plugin.video.dstv.now/.iptv_merge

change
"playlist": "plugin://$ID/?_=playlist&output=$FILE"
to
"playlist": "plugin://$ID/?_=playlist&output=$FIL"

And then "Run Merge". the DSTV playlist should fail.
But you should still have the channels

Tried that procedure and yes, channels still there.
Thanks for the fix.
Hi again,

as I have mentioned in my previous post I'm getting this message

https://imgur.com/a/Fd6jam0

as mentioned my previous post it caused by  "&" in code.

<title>R&amp;B JAMMIN&apos;</title>
<category>R&B</category>

Do you thing this can be a problem and if yes is there any way to solve it?

Thank you in advance
@selatko01
I'll get a fix out for that today

UPDATE:
0.8.5 just pushed that replaces & with &amp;

Note: <category>R&B</category> is actually invalid xml
should be <category>R&amp;B</category>
Maybe let the provider know
@matthuisman

Thanks a lot, it works again
(2020-04-07, 15:12)matthuisman Wrote: it's banned so I (or SlyGuy) won't support it

Good day

Does anyone have another link for me to use for iptv merge?
to install IPTV Merge?
Its in the SlyGuy repo.

You've quoted something irrelevant.
The addon isn't banned.

just follow instructions here to install it:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/02/iptv-...dd-on.html
(2020-10-19, 08:03)Moestakiem Wrote:
(2020-04-07, 15:12)matthuisman Wrote: it's banned so I (or SlyGuy) won't support it

Good day

Does anyone have another link for me to use for iptv merge?

@matthuisman,I tried installing the repository slyguy and when I want to run the merge it doesn't give me the option to select it,any help for me
Hello again,

today while using another playlist I have got a message: "utf8" codec can't decode byte 0x9a in position 14:invalid start byte

what does it mean this message a how to solve it?

thanks for help
Are yOu able to get me a copy or a link to the xml causing that error?

Or is it a playlist?
its a playlist
Good day @matthuisman

When I try to install slyguy under the "install from zip file" section,it doesn't allow me to click the "ok" button,the only button that I can click on is "cancel" can you please advise if there is a way around this
follow this:
https://www.matthuisman.nz/2020/02/slygu...itory.html
I suspect you skipped the "Make sure "Add-ons -> Unknown Sources" is Enabled." step
just pushed a small update yesterday that allows IPTV Merge to work with IPTV Manager (https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv.manager/)

If you have IPTV Manager installed, you can add it as a Playlist > Add-on and EPG > Add-on source in IPTV Merge.
IPTV Merge will grab IPTV Managers generated playlist and xml and merge it with the rest of your sources.
Hi,

First, I would thank you for all the work and involvement in this projet. The plugin is very usefull.

I went through a problem with the character set while making a merge.

First, I generated a (epg) xmltv.xml  with a small application called mc2xml.exe (it's supposed to be accepted by schedules direct for instance) to generate the file. I checked, in the application, some options like UTF8. The content of the xmltv file is in french with some special chars.

Second, I imported the file into IPTV Merge. The result as I understand is located in a file there: /.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iptv.merge/epg.xml.

What happend is that every character has been well imported except for one : Apostrophe (  ' )  all others character like : é à â è etc. work except the apostrophe witch is replaced by  &amp;apos;

At first, I tought that I did a mistake with the original xmltv file from mc2xml. But I look inside and the ' is there. Well, I decided to bypass for a instant IPTV Merge and linked the original xmltv file directly inside simple IPTV. And the ' is good. It seems that this particular char is problematic in the process of merging.

The merged file epg.xml have &amp;apos   AND the xmltv.xml file have the '

I read that &apos; seems to be the prime char witch could be mess in the merging process with the single quotes char...or there is something i'm missing...

Here the epg.xml file generated by IPTV Merge : https://paste.kodi.tv/bukeriteni
Here the original xmltv.xml file : ineramuqef (paste)

To make it easier: Do a search with this word : assemblée   it will bring you to a sentence where it happened. The word should be : l'Assemblée nationale   but the merge process  changed it to l&amp;apos;Assemblée nationale.

The ' in french keyboard might be different from the english one? Ho, I  also try to switch regional from english to french, keyboard English to french, changed the region default format in Setting/interface. It does the same. I think that french layout is a part of UTF-8 table so it should not make any differences the regional we choose. The regional in interface might do nothing with IPTV Merge since it use other tables?

The version of IPTV Merge is 0.11.2 and Kodi is 18.8, I build the OS last week.

If you could shed some light on that, that would help me.

Thanks for your work.
are you able to upload the original file somewhere else?
that kodi log doesnt let me download or view the whole file

i just tested with epg with "La partie questions-réponses des séances de l'Assemblée nationale" and the output file is the same.
Merge actually just does a bytes copy - it doesn't change any characters or any encoding - so can't see how it would change ' to l&amp;apos;
So can you double check the file your actually inputting isn't already escaped
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0