• 8(current)
Release IPTV Merge
(2020-11-26, 21:39)matthuisman Wrote: @vip. 

think I found the issue...

Just pushed 0.11.8 of iptv merge.
please update and try that and let me know
Yes, I have now updated from 0.11.6 to 0.11.8 and there seems to be no issues.
By the way, I could not update through the repo because it did not appear that there was an update.
Thanks!!

Let me suggest some necessary extras:
- Option to convert any addon to m3u playlist and use it with IPTV Merge, like @primaeval's IPTV addons.
- Run merge only for epg separately
- Update on login only for epg (with option also for playlist)
- Option to turn off the OK dilaog box (because it is not possible to work in the background)
Kodi only checks for updates every X hours.
You can force update check by using context menu on repo (check for updates)

- Option to convert any addon to m3u playlist and use it with IPTV Merge, like @primaeval's IPTV addons.
  That's impossible. The add-ons need to export playlist and epg for merge to work with. There is no way to automatically convert them.

You should be able to use with his IPTV Add-ons.
  IPTV Merge > Playlists > Add > File > special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.iptvsimple.addons/streams.m3u8
  IPTV Merge > EPG > Add > File > special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.iptvsimple.addons/xmltv.xml
  (this is just based off his source code - not tested)

Seems like you may not be aware that IPTV Merge runs as a service and will run a merge in the background every X mins (see the addon settings)
When it does this, no dialogs are shown. It stores the timestamp of last merge.
So, if you launch Kodi and it's been more than the period, it will indeed run a merge at login.

Run Merge is just a way to force a merge to see any errors etc.
Therefore, your other suggestions are not really required
(2020-11-27, 00:23)matthuisman Wrote: @jdig4240
its not my add-on.
If it exports a Playlist and epg XML, then simply point IPTV Merge to that.
It it doesnt do that, then you'd need to ask the developer to add it

Thanks, just figured maybe you would want to fork this and add the Merge option like the rest of your addons like Pluto, etc.
@vip.
just pushed 0.11.9

The add-on now fetches an online file (https://k.slyguy.xyz/.iptv_merge/data.json) with integrations for add-ons not created by me.

Currently it adds support for
  • plugin.video.iptvsimple.addons
  • plugin.video.sling
  • service.iptv.manager
  • plugin.video.plutotv
  • plugin.video.channelsdvr

If you are using any of these, update to 0.11.9 and they will now show when you go to Add Playlist or EPG > Add-on
It will also automatically adjust any of those add-on settings that need to be adjusted to work correctly with IPTV Merge.
It only does that when adding it as a source, so if they are changed after that - they will remain as set.

Note: plugin.video.iptvsimple.addons has no setting to disable it from restarting IPTV Merge after it runs.
So, that will still happen by it and by IPTV Merge when it does it's merge
(2020-11-27, 01:19)matthuisman Wrote: Kodi only checks for updates every X hours.
You can force update check by using context menu on repo (check for updates)

That's impossible. The add-ons need to export playlist and epg for merge to work with. There is no way to automatically convert them.

You should be able to use with his IPTV Add-ons.
  IPTV Merge > Playlists > Add > File > special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.iptvsimple.addons/streams.m3u8
  IPTV Merge > EPG > Add > File > special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.iptvsimple.addons/xmltv.xml
  (this is just based off his source code - not tested)

Seems like you may not be aware that IPTV Merge runs as a service and will run a merge in the background every X mins (see the addon settings)
When it does this, no dialogs are shown. It stores the timestamp of last merge.
So, if you launch Kodi and it's been more than the period, it will indeed run a merge at login.

Run Merge is just a way to force a merge to see any errors etc.
Therefore, your other suggestions are not really required

Thanks for your replay.
I understand that IPTV Merge run a merge in the background every X mins, but my intention is to force an update on each login to stay always updated for the latest update (if changes have been made in epg etc) when kodi starts. But as you wrote it is probably not so necessary.
Anyway, I added this line: <onload> RunPlugin (plugin: //plugin.program.iptv.merge/? _ = merge) </onload> and it works, only the problem is that now with every login I get the dilaog box of run merge.

Regarding IPTV Add-ons. It is indeed capable of converting a standard addon to m3u playlist (via SUBSCRIBE).
Here's the playlist created, and it's the code that does it. Of course I do not need this option for plutotv because it has been nicely integrated with IPTV Merge, but for any other addon that will be.
You are right that you can use IPTV Add-ons to create the playlist, and then combine the streams.m3u8 with IPTV Merge, but I thought it would be nicer if everything could be done via IPTV Merge (i.e. SUBSCRIBE to addon and convert to playlist).

There is another plugin path that doesn't show the dialogs. Ummm. I'll need to find it when next on PC

I'll also add setting to allow running at start.

Oh I see what you mean.
Convert a plugin list to m3u8.
Obviously wouldn't get EPG though.
Could be a cool feature!

For now, you can use that other addon to do that and then add that addon into merge
Matt,

When Pluto TV  loads it has quite a few different groups.

I have tried deleting some of these groups I don't want in TV through Group Management but every time IPTV Merge updates they come back.

Is there a way to delete some of these groups in IPTV Merge?
Yup. Use IPTV Merge > Manage TV > Pluto. Then click a channel to hide it.

You can also hide all channels be default by going to
IPTV Merge > Playlists > Pluto > Default Hidden Channels

Then use manage TV to just show what channels you want.

You can also turn off the groups for a source by enabling Ignore Groups.
@vip.
0.12.3 just pushed which adds a new setting "Run merge when service starts"
That will be when kodi boots or if you disable and re-enable the addon.
(2020-11-27, 20:05)matthuisman Wrote: Yup. Use IPTV Merge > Manage TV > Pluto. Then click a channel to hide it.

You can also hide all channels be default by going to
IPTV Merge > Playlists > Pluto > Default Hidden Channels

Then use manage TV to just show what channels you want.

You can also turn off the groups for a source by enabling Ignore Groups.
Thanks
1) Continue to what I asked @phunkyfish  here Is it possible that "Run merge when service starts" will work without starting/stopping iptvsimple which causes the video to stop?

2) Since the latest version 0.12.5, every time I do Run merge I get the following message:

Thanks
You need to update slyguy common.. Yes I can make run merge at start wait until not watching to reload. But you want get the latest data until then. Trade off. Kodi 19 doesn't have same issue
@matthuisman is there a Matrix version of IPTV merge that could update the EPG during playback?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Yes. Current version will detect if 19 and then just update a setting to trigger a reload. Kodi 18 waits for no PVR playing before disable/enable unless its a forced merge. Ill change boot merge to not be a force merge so also won't interupt playback

This user must be on 18.

Update:
Just pushed 0.12.6 that makes Boot merge run like an Auto merge (below behavior)
If using kodi 18 or below, it will wait until no pvr tv or no pvr radio are playing, and then reload iptv simple.
Kodi 19 will reload during playback (as doesn't cause it to stop)
Thank you!!

(I probably will not update to kodi 19 because I use the feature of IPTV addons to convert a plugin list to m3u8, and @primaeval  has not updated his addon for close to two years so it probably does not support kodi 19)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Merge0