Solved Kodi V18 - Movie Sets not working despite being turned on in Kodi
I have just installed Kodi V18 and noticed that despite having Movie Sets turned on they are still showing individually.

I have even tried to use MediaElch to update my movies into sets where appropriate, and, despite the correct Kodi settings being used, they still refuse to be entered into sets

Has anyone come across this issue yet ?
Not an issue for me.

I am not really clear where the issue is. Do you have movie sets in the Sets node?

Post one of your nfo files from a movie that should belong in a set. Kodi Paste Site
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm not sure what you mean by "Sets Node".

If you mean the flag in "media - Settings" then yes, it is active.

I have used Kodi previously (for several years up to Version 16 and early Version 17) and had absolutley no problems with sets, but now I have come back to Kodi I am perplexed as to what has chnaged

Also, when I try to paste the nfo info into the site you gave me it isn't saving.
When pasting the file, use the left icon in the top right of the screen. After you press it, wait 10 seconds for the screen to refresh. Then copy the address.

I am still struggling a bit, but we will get there. When you say media-settings, what have you done there? See the image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Library and tell me what you have set for 3.3 and 3.3.1

Can you see movie sets anywhere in Kodi?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your help, Karellan

1. NFO can be found here (Batman (1989)

1. The info in your screenshot (linked form the wiki) is exactly what i see, but the sets option is "on".

BTW in case I forgot to mention it the install of Kodi is a fresh install - never been on the machine at all
Hi Karellan

After a couple of days of checking and re-checking my movie library I finally found the problem.

In each of the movie folders there were 2 NFO files movie.nfo and <moviename>.nfo

When I checked each of the NFO files the movie.nfo had no movie set listed while the other one did.

I have since deleted all the movie.nfo files, and my library sets are working.

Not sure where the movie.nfo came from.
(2019-02-13, 11:32)Ozpeg Wrote: In each of the movie folders there were 2 NFO files movie.nfo and <moviename>.nfo
Yep, that would do it. That means you have Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title Enabled, so the movie.nfo takes priority.

Great that you found the issue, as we would never have figured you had two nfo files there Smile

I'll mark this as solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
One last question, Karellan

Does Kodi generate "movie.nfo" files, when it scans for new content ?
(2019-02-14, 08:13)Ozpeg Wrote: Does Kodi generate "movie.nfo" files, when it scans for new content ?
No. Kodi only scans into the library from local files or scrapes into the library from online sources. No NFO files are created during either of these processes.

To create NFO Files, you need to use the Export function of Kodi. See... Import-export Library (wiki) If you originally scraped from online sources using the Kodi scrapers, you will get comprehensive NFO Files. If you originally scanned in nfo files from a media manager, you will only get the same information back, but with correct tags.

They will be exported as <videofilename>.nfo, not as movie.nfo.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi V18 - Movie Sets not working despite being turned on in Kodi0