Video stuttering on Kodi 18 and Nvidia Shield v7.2.2
Hi,

I've seen consistent video/audio stuttering on my Kodi instance which started with the latest 17.x version and has continued into 18. I suspect it may be related to recent upgrades to the Shield's OS, but I can't tell for sure, and the only thing I know how to clearly log is Kodi logs.

Can someone take a look at my logs and let me know if they see anything unusual? http://batman.gyptis.org/zerobin/?8f9917...zkAijSjob0=

I appreciate your help!
Hi All,

Some help or advise please. I have a Nvidia Shield connected a 1080p tv  & a Wd MyCloud mirror NAS via NFS connection where all my media is stored. Everything is connected via ethernet cable. The issue I have got is that Kodi 18.1 will cause micro stutters every few minutes when playing movies or tv shows. Most of my content is either 720p or 1080p MP4 format or MKV. When using Kodi 17.6 I get 1 micro stutter every now and then at the start and then everything plays fine. I tried updating from Google playstore and i've also downloaded APK files direct from Kodi website. All kodi installs have been 64 bit. Any idea what i need to set up in the settings menu.  

Thanks in advance!
(2019-03-28, 14:07)Ranjbali Wrote: Hi All,

Some help or advise please. I have a Nvidia Shield connected a 1080p tv  & a Wd MyCloud mirror NAS via NFS connection where all my media is stored. Everything is connected via ethernet cable. The issue I have got is that Kodi 18.1 will cause micro stutters every few minutes when playing movies or tv shows. Most of my content is either 720p or 1080p MP4 format or MKV. When using Kodi 17.6 I get 1 micro stutter every now and then at the start and then everything plays fine. I tried updating from Google playstore and i've also downloaded APK files direct from Kodi website. All kodi installs have been 64 bit. Any idea what i need to set up in the settings menu.  

Thanks in advance!
I am getting exactly the same running on an NVidia Shield but running data from a Windows 2012 server.

V.
From my personal notes....

1. Nvidia Shield and Kodi v18.x Micro Stuttering Fix…
Under SettingsàPlayeràVideos
   "Sync playback to display" set to OFF (if this is ON, you won’t get Pass-through Sound, so No DTS, DTS-MA, DD, DD+, etc.).
    "Adjust display refresh rate" set to ON (or On Start/Stop)
    “Under Settings
àSystemàDisplayà”Delay after change of refresh rate” change to 3 or 4 seconds (maybe even test 2 seconds), this will avoid any cut off during the beginning of playing a video.

Plays smooth but the TV is changing refresh rate when playing a movie which takes a few seconds every time.
(2019-04-08, 21:21)Powerhouse Wrote: From my personal notes....

"Sync playback to display" set to OFF (if this is ON, you won’t get Pass-through Sound, so No DTS, DTS-MA, DD, DD+, etc.).
    “Under Settings
àSystemàDisplayà”Delay after change of refresh rate” change to 3 or 4 seconds (maybe even test 2 seconds), this will avoid any cut off during the beginning of playing a video.
Plays smooth but the TV is changing refresh rate when playing a movie which takes a few seconds every time. 

Thank you.   I will give this a go.

V.
(2019-04-08, 21:21)Powerhouse Wrote: [ list=1]
[ *][ size=medium][ font=Calibri,sans-serif][ size=medium][ font=Times New Roman,serif]Nvidia Shield and Kodi v18.x Micro Stuttering Fix…[ /font][ /size][ /font][ /size]
[ /list]
[ size=medium][ font=Times New Roman, serif]Under Settings[ /font][ /size][ font=Wingdings]à[ /font]Player[ font=Wingdings]à[/ font]Videos

Please watch out when copy/pasting from external word processors, our forum editor is slightly allergic to that. Copying plain ASCII text is preferred. Smile
(The above is an edited portion to show what I'm referring to)
(2019-04-09, 11:16)Vorm Wrote:

“Under Settings

Thank you.   I will give this a go.

V. 
Apart from a slight delay in the audio starting when first playing a title, I have not noticed the micro stutter any more.  Will keep an eye out but thanks for the input.

V.

“Under Settings
Thanks i'll try these settings Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stuttering on Kodi 18 and Nvidia Shield v7.2.20