• 2(current)
Deprecated SlingTV
Works like a champ, far as I can tell. Thanks!
Does this addon work on Kodi17? Thanks
@usphil The addon is dependent on inputstream adaptive. As long as you have that it "should" work. That being said, I would strongly recommend using Kodi 18 as it is the latest stable release.
Been using this for a few days, and it's really good. I have found a possible issue, though. When I try to get the On Demand programming, it seems to not pull the full list. For example, if I go to On Demand, then SyFy, the list only gets into the middle of the "D" programs before it stops.
(2019-02-20, 05:42)lhassell Wrote: Been using this for a few days, and it's really good. I have found a possible issue, though. When I try to get the On Demand programming, it seems to not pull the full list. For example, if I go to On Demand, then SyFy, the list only gets into the middle of the "D" programs before it stops.
 @lhassell  Meant to fix that before release, should be fixed now (version 1.0.2)
Thanks!
First of all, I'm happy to see this addon. I'm a new Sling subscriber.
I am trying to decide on the platform I like the best. 
I have two media boxes, Firestick 4K and Rasp Pi 3.
Leaning toward to Raspi because I like all my media in one place.

Problem) The guide does not get pulled until you call for it....takes a while...maybe trigger the guide pull as soon as the addon gets launched?
Also, there is no program details in the guide. No errors generated. In the guide info area it just says "placeholder...", I realize this addon is new and underconstruction.

There are other issues, I'll work on one at a time.

On an installation note, installing the addon on the firestick kodi was eventless, however the install on the Raspi kodi required the installation of InputStream.adaptive addon as well as WideVine.
(2019-02-23, 17:58)Smallmountains Wrote: First of all, I'm happy to see this addon. I'm a new Sling subscriber.
I am trying to decide on the platform I like the best. 
I have two media boxes, Firestick 4K and Rasp Pi 3.
Leaning toward to Raspi because I like all my media in one place.

Problem) The guide does not get pulled until you call for it....takes a while...maybe trigger the guide pull as soon as the addon gets launched?
Also, there is no program details in the guide. No errors generated. In the guide info area it just says "placeholder...", I realize this addon is new and underconstruction.

There are other issues, I'll work on one at a time.

On an installation note, installing the addon on the firestick kodi was eventless, however the install on the Raspi kodi required the installation of InputStream.adaptive addon as well as WideVine.

EPG metadata is a work in progress... load times will vary from device to device. I'll look into improving performance.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Smallmountains to further explain. The issue with the guide is two-fold. In terms of what's playing, we are in search of a source that would provide programme data for multiple channels at once. Currently, Sling retrieves programme data as needed when the user scrolls. This is fine on browsers and taylor made applications but on Kodi we need the data before we display it and currently that means a call for each channel creating further slow down.

The EPG is a WIP and the current slow down (from my understanding) is because it's a separate addon and the objects (time-slots) need to be built before they can be displayed. 

Lastly, this is personal opinion but if you're looking for a more "potent" media device, I suggest taking a look at the Mi Box S for an affordable option or the Nvidia Shield if you want a complete performer. Both offer a vanilla Android TV experience and seem to perform rather well.
(2019-02-23, 17:58)Smallmountains Wrote: On an installation note, installing the addon on the firestick kodi was eventless, however the install on the Raspi kodi required the installation of InputStream.adaptive addon as well as WideVine.

This is because FireOS is Android and android has DRM capabilities "baked in". Where as raspberry pi does not and chromium must be downloaded before it will be able to perform playback of DRM streams.
https://www.sling.com/#dyn-grid-plan-tab-1-m-1
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I about to sign up with them again as they have all I need as far a cable type channels, and have integration available on their apps for local ota channels. Will this work with the air tv channels. Or does anyone have it by add on stream to pvr along with ota channels. Any ideas?
Tried to watch something from Fox On Demand today and it only played the sound with no video. Is this a new issue? Log attached: https://paste.kodi.tv/wehivubuzu.kodi
This is pretty awesome.

I'm currently using YouTube TV but I'm going to have to compare the line up and see if I can switch back to SlingTV now that this is an option.

Thanks for the addon!
Hi! I would like to have Sling TV on my Kodi Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ but I can’t find it in Kodi’s repo, under “video add-on”.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SlingTV2