• 4(current)
Deprecated SlingTV
exceeds maximum length
@Lunatixz
First off thank you for this add-on!
After losing Silicon Dust Premium TV service i was in need of a replacement that would integrate into kodi.
So i signed up for Sling last night have your Add-on working. Everything i have tried works/plays!
Well other than the guide. I read through this thread and understand the guide is a WIP.

So my question is how are you working around not having a guide?
My wife really wants a guide. Smile

Thank you so much for the fantastic work.
(2019-04-06, 15:30)mxlance Wrote: @Lunatixz
First off thank you for this add-on!
After losing Silicon Dust Premium TV service i was in need of a replacement that would integrate into kodi.
So i signed up for Sling last night have your Add-on working. Everything i have tried works/plays!
Well other than the guide. I read through this thread and understand the guide is a WIP.

So my question is how are you working around not having a guide?
My wife really wants a guide. Smile

Thank you so much for the fantastic work.

Thank @eracknaphobia and @d21spike it was a collaborative effort...

EPG requires dependable meta that is easily obtained. SlingTV doesn't provide that.. so there are no work arounds.

When I have some free time I'll look into it...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2019-04-06, 01:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-04-06, 01:26)Dylan2k20 Wrote: sorry new link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12PRuWV6...sp=sharing
Use https://paste.kodi.tv/

The log is too big for this site
I just installed a fresh Kodi/sling on a completely different device and have the same problems. I have posted a log via the shared g drive link.
(2019-04-07, 00:36)Dylan2k20 Wrote: I just installed a fresh Kodi/sling on a completely different device and have the same problems. I have posted a log via the shared g drive link.

Can you give me a brief description of the problem? I'm not seeing anything on my end. Did you double check your user credentials?
thank you for the reply.
About EPG Guide and metadata.
I apologize if this is a stupid question.
Could the TV Guide Fullscreen add-on be used with this add-on somehow?
is it worth my diving deeper into the idea or is it a waste of time?
thank you
(2019-04-07, 01:01)mxlance Wrote: thank you for the reply.
About EPG Guide and metadata.
I apologize if this is a stupid question.
Could the TV Guide Fullscreen add-on be used with this add-on somehow?
is it worth my diving deeper into the idea or is it a waste of time?
thank you

TV Guide Fullscreen script requires a xmltv file... so unless you plan on mapping out the locations for a few hundred channels and generating your own xmltv its 100% a waste of time.
Like my previous answer if there was an easy dependable place for meta it would have been used already.
thank you for taking the time to reply.
I really like the add-on so far, just miss the guide and metadata.
thank you gain
Thx for the response, my credentials are fine. I'm able to watch live channels and on demand, although it takes a long time to load, I was watching something on demand a few minutes ago and it would stop and cache every few minutes. All other sections of the add-on, like my recordings and favourites are either empty or gives an error and won't load into it at all. I do have favourites and recordings that should be available, the my channels won't load either. This is on shield tv with express VPN, and the same results on a PC with express VPN and Kodi 18.1. the android tv app for sling tv works perfectly fine with express VPN enabled
(2019-04-07, 01:50)Dylan2k20 Wrote: Thx for the response, my credentials are fine. I'm able to watch live channels and on demand, although it takes a long time to load, I was watching something on demand a few minutes ago and it would stop and cache every few minutes. All other sections of the add-on, like my recordings and favourites are either empty or gives an error and won't load into it at all. I do have favourites and recordings that should be available, the my channels won't load either. This is on shield tv with express VPN, and the same results on a PC with express VPN and Kodi 18.1. the android tv app for sling tv works perfectly fine with express VPN enabled

We do not support VPN's as with many third-party software and hardware any number of issues can produce unwanted results. Either disable VPN or debug your network issues. The code works fine however your device is rejected needed url requests.
@developers

log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ugedoquzit

Three issues today.
1) Error notification: sling.tv bad request (i see this when going to Channels or On Demand)
2) MyTV Recordings is empty (is there a way to refresh the add-on?)
3) Error notification: Screeen "My_TV" has no ribbon named "AR4"

All channels apper to be playing but load times are slower that what i saw yesterday.
I am running LibreELEC 9.0.1 on a chromebox
What i tried so: I disabled all my other addons and rebooted into default skin, no change same errors.

Thank you for the assistance

UPDATE: Monday morning
This error is no longer showing up, no idea why, i made no changes.
    3) Error notification: Screeen "My_TV" has no ribbon named "AR4"
Hi @Lunatixz .. please help.. the uEPG guide doesnt display anything. I just see some columns with Time1, Time2, Time3 and Time3 and nothing else.
@Lunatixz  @eracknaphobia  @d21spike 
Thanks so much for this addon. Last night I was able to use the MyTV part of the plugin and set it up as a menu item on my Kodi Home page. This morning I get errors when accessing MyTV. The debug log is below. I can still play individual channels from the Channels section but the MyTV does not work. Thanks for your help

https://paste.kodi.tv/hehosogoxi.kodi
Great app so far... thanks for the hard work.  I finally made the jump to SlingTV last week ahead of upcoming HDHR Premium TV service shutdown.

Quick question regarding login credentials... any new selection that I make within the SlingTV v1.0.2 app requires me to login with my credentials  over and over (guide, on demand, choosing different channels, etc, etc).

Once I enter credentials, everything works flawless and playback is great!  I've tried saving my credentials in the app settings numerous times, restarted app, restarted kodi... 

Is there something simple I am missing to prevent continually typing in my credentials?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SlingTV2