• 5(current)
Deprecated SlingTV
(2019-04-16, 02:06)dawtyne10 Wrote: Great app so far... thanks for the hard work.  I finally made the jump to SlingTV last week ahead of upcoming HDHR Premium TV service shutdown.

Quick question regarding login credentials... any new selection that I make within the SlingTV v1.0.2 app requires me to login with my credentials  over and over (guide, on demand, choosing different channels, etc, etc).

Once I enter credentials, everything works flawless and playback is great!  I've tried saving my credentials in the app settings numerous times, restarted app, restarted kodi... 

Is there something simple I am missing to prevent continually typing in my credentials?
Log and details please Smile sounds like write permission issues, or a duplicate installation of slingtv? did u manually unzip or install through Kodi repository?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2019-04-16, 02:24)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 02:06)dawtyne10 Wrote: Great app so far... thanks for the hard work.  I finally made the jump to SlingTV last week ahead of upcoming HDHR Premium TV service shutdown.

Quick question regarding login credentials... any new selection that I make within the SlingTV v1.0.2 app requires me to login with my credentials  over and over (guide, on demand, choosing different channels, etc, etc).

Once I enter credentials, everything works flawless and playback is great!  I've tried saving my credentials in the app settings numerous times, restarted app, restarted kodi... 

Is there something simple I am missing to prevent continually typing in my credentials?
Log and details please Smile sounds like write permission issues, or a duplicate installation of slingtv? did u manually unzip or install through Kodi repository? 
installed thru kodi repo

ubemuladez.kodi (paste)

let me know if you need anything else
(2019-04-16, 05:15)dawtyne10 Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 02:24)Lunatixz Wrote:

installed thru kodi repo

ubemuladez.kodi (paste)

let me know if you need anything else      

I have read up quite a bit on the error in the log from my previous post last night and more today...  seems outside the scope of my knowledge.  anything else I can do to help or something simple I have setup incorrectly?

2019-04-15 21:41:56.692 T:1244668784 ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "label"
2019-04-15 21:42:58.627 T:1224823664 ERROR: Previous line repeats 7 times.
2019-04-15 21:42:58.627 T:1224823664 ERROR: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py:847: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings InsecureRequestWarning)
Hi!  Great add-on.  Working great so far.  My only issue is that I quickly bypassed the help screen and can't figure out how to exit out.  I haven't programmed my media center remote yet, and the Esc key on the keyboard, while watching a show, does nothing but go back to the guide.  Can you give me a refresher on shortcut keys to get back to the main Sling screen?  Thanks!
Hello, I am new to the forums and really enjoyed getting it to work seamlessly with Steam and Sling TV. I've recently browsed info on playback quality and bandwidth setting for Kodi on these forums, but unfortunately, it doesn't work with the Sling TV addon. I know in Sling TV browser there is a feature to limit bandwidth, which is very helpful for my data cap from my isp provider. In the Sling TV addon for Kodi, there is settings option, but it only has Enable Debugging, Enter User Email, Enter User P/w and Logout. Is there additional addon or another Sling TV addon for Kodi, to adjust the bandwidth or playback quality? Any info to point me in right direction would be greatly appreciated.
@Copper007head - Welcome Smile

I've taken the liberty of merging your post/thread into the main thread for the SlingTV addon, both to keep the forum tidy and also to make sure there's the best chance of it being seen and answered.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ckecking to see if it is just me or the app?
1) Is My TV> Recordings working for anyone?
2) Do your HDHomeRun (OTA) Channels show up in your Sling Guide (uEPG)?

thank you
(2019-04-21, 19:37)Copper007head Wrote: Hello, I am new to the forums and really enjoyed getting it to work seamlessly with Steam and Sling TV. I've recently browsed info on playback quality and bandwidth setting for Kodi on these forums, but unfortunately, it doesn't work with the Sling TV addon. I know in Sling TV browser there is a feature to limit bandwidth, which is very helpful for my data cap from my isp provider. In the Sling TV addon for Kodi, there is settings option, but it only has Enable Debugging, Enter User Email, Enter User P/w and Logout. Is there additional addon or another Sling TV addon for Kodi, to adjust the bandwidth or playback quality? Any info to point me in right direction would be greatly appreciated.

You have a few options, but changes must be made within Inputstream Adaptive's settings (Addons > My Addons > Inputstream Adaptive). 
  1. Set the Max bandwidth 
  2. Set the Max Resolution
  3. Set stream selection to Manual, then select the resolution once playback starts by selecting the gear icon > Video Settings > Video Stream
(2019-04-22, 16:07)mxlance Wrote: Ckecking to see if it is just me or the app?
1) Is My TV> Recordings working for anyone?
2) Do your HDHomeRun (OTA) Channels show up in your Sling Guide (uEPG)?

thank you
1. We will have to look into that.
2. I believe that uEPG adds HDHomeRun channels by default, you can disable this by going to the uEPG addon settings and disabling Include HDHomerun Tuner
I'm getting errors when launching this addon. The system is Windows 10 64-bit with Kodi 18.1. My credentials are correct. I have completely removed and reinstalled the addon. Here's the debug log. 

https://pastebin.com/1xZnSP5p

Can you help please?

I have since removed the SlingTV addon and data, updated to Kodi 18.2 and reinstalled from Kodi repository (same as I did previously) and configured the addon. I get the same errors when I open the addon.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks.
@eracknaphobia
thank you for the reply and for the add-on!

1) Is there any progress on getting (Recordings) to show in the add-on?
2) I also get frequent sling.tv Bad Request error notifications.
3) Is there any progress on getting Sling TV guide data ?

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/sasoximifu

thanks again
(2019-05-20, 17:22)taylormia Wrote: I'm getting errors when launching this addon. The system is Windows 10 64-bit with Kodi 18.1. My credentials are correct. I have completely removed and reinstalled the addon. Here's the debug log. 

https://pastebin.com/1xZnSP5p

Can you help please?

I have since removed the SlingTV addon and data, updated to Kodi 18.2 and reinstalled from Kodi repository (same as I did previously) and configured the addon. I get the same errors when I open the addon.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks.
Looking at your previous post and this one, it seems both times your client is failing to retrieve data from Sling just in different parts of the process. Leading me to believe it may
be a connectivity issue or something else.

Are you able to access this link via your browser?
https://webapp.movetv.com/config/env-lis...sling.json

If you like you can turn on debugging in the addon settings and PM me a log.
(2019-05-20, 21:23)mxlance Wrote: @eracknaphobia
thank you for the reply and for the add-on!

1) Is there any progress on getting (Recordings) to show in the add-on?
2) I also get frequent sling.tv Bad Request error notifications.
3) Is there any progress on getting Sling TV guide data ?

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/sasoximifu

thanks again

1.) @eracknaphobia was looking into the recordings.
2.) Majority of the Bad Requests I've seen were in the On Demand section, is this the case for you? This was largely due to hitting dead end points and the player is displaying the message from Sling. Until they can be filtered out, it's the difference of you getting the message or the player not doing anything at all when it encounters a dead link.
3.) Until there is a reliable source of combined (multiple channels at once) channel data no, at least not without a major slow down. Sling displays their guide on demand. So if your device can fit 5 channels on the screen, it will only grab those 5 and once you scroll it will grab more.
(2019-05-21, 18:23)d21spike Wrote: Looking at your previous post and this one, it seems both times your client is failing to retrieve data from Sling just in different parts of the process. Leading me to believe it may
be a connectivity issue or something else.

Are you able to access this link via your browser?
https://webapp.movetv.com/config/env-lis...sling.json

If you like you can turn on debugging in the addon settings and PM me a log.

I can access the link on a browser the Kodi PC. I did include the pastebin in my post of the kodi.log with the debugging turned on on Kodi and the Slingtv addon settings. Is there another log that you need?
Thanks.
yeah i mentioned these issues ages ago, my vpn was blamed, i was constantly asked to post my log at sites that dont work, this addon is trash, nuke it
(2019-05-23, 00:56)Dylan2k20 Wrote: yeah i mentioned these issues ages ago, my vpn was blamed, i was constantly asked to post my log at sites that dont work, this addon is trash, nuke it

We don't support installations with VPN here. You have been told previously.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SlingTV2