• 8(current)
Deprecated SlingTV
I just forked Lunatixz SlingTV git to help out with some features. I would love to add PVR and Library integration, but I won't be creating an account for few weeks as my PSvue subscriptions ends.
I'm getting a python dependency error when trying to install this plugin. I'm on the latest v19 that works (A couple weeks old or so).
@snoppyjoe, as the end of January rolls around, let us know if you need any testers for your PVR fork. We'll likely be transitioning to Sling, and would love to help make the add-on the best it can be
(2019-11-13, 19:23)mikefreeman Wrote: @snoppyjoe, as the end of January rolls around, let us know if you need any testers for your PVR fork. We'll likely be transitioning to Sling, and would love to help make the add-on the best it can be

Indded, I already prepaid for two months of service for Sling. Dropped PSVue.
I'm surprised on how quiet this thread is considering.
(2019-11-17, 20:23)debennett2 Wrote: I'm surprised on how quiet this thread is considering.

I'm thinking the exact same thing! This is probably the best of the few options we U.S. Kodi users have for this. I'd think there would be loads of discussion going on! Maybe we're all tightly clutching our PS Vue accounts until the bitter end, then after that, this thread won't be able to contain it all.
@debennett2 and mikefreeman
I have been with SlingTV for the last seven months or so.
I have been using the kodi SlingTV app from day one.
It is not perfect yet, but I am sure great things are still to come.

A few pages back @mzup mentioned he mapped channels to TV Guide FullScreen.
I have not had time to try this yet.

I use AURA skin with the Simple Favorites add-on to create widgets for various Channel groups and Favorite On Demand content. It resembles the SlingTV Roku App.

My top wish list for the app remains:
1. Recordings – accessible in the app.
2. Channel guide
3. Set recordings in kodi
(2019-11-24, 16:54)mxlance Wrote: My top wish list for the app remains:
1. Recordings – accessible in the app.
2. Channel guide
3. Set recordings in kodi

This would be my wishlist as well, as at least #1 and 2 were available with the PS Vue addon. They used a separate EPG service addon that automatically set up the IPTV Simple PVR addon for #2, which was awesome and what I would want here, too. That allowed me to run my PS Vue channels into the same list as my over-the-air tvheadend channels from my antenna, so all the channels were in one place (I absolutely HATE live channels spread out between various addons that I have to search through individually instead of them all being in one place, but that's just me).
A guide is definitely in the works. I hope to have a beta to test out soon.
(2019-12-04, 22:37)eracknaphobia Wrote: A guide is definitely in the works. I hope to have a beta to test out soon.

I would be so happy to test this out. Especially if its anything like the PS Vue version with iptv simple client integration
@eracknaphobia
great news! thanks for all your work.
I use Linux and I installed SlingTv. It is giving me an error saying "Inputstream.adaptive missing" is there a way i can download this?
@russventi94 I think it depends on distro. For example, Arch has a package in the repository called kodi-addon-inputstream-adaptive. In raspbian it is kodi-inputstream-adaptive. Some distros may have it compiled into the kodi package. In any case, once installed it can be enabled in kodi. It should be listed in "my add-ons" as its own group called "VideoPlayer Inputstream". If you dont see that then it is likely not installed in the os.
(2019-12-08, 14:32)knappster Wrote: @russventi94 I think it depends on distro. For example, Arch has a package in the repository called kodi-addon-inputstream-adaptive. In raspbian it is kodi-inputstream-adaptive. Some distros may have it compiled into the kodi package. In any case, once installed it can be enabled in kodi. It should be listed in "my add-ons" as its own group called "VideoPlayer Inputstream". If you dont see that then it is likely not installed in the os.

Thank you for the reply. I use Linux Mint Cinnamon. I did not see it in "my add-ons". That sucks I can't use it. I'm sure it's a great add-on.
I'm not familiar with linux mint, but even if it is not packaged with the kodi binary, it might be something you can install as a separate package. You could potentially build it from source if you are so inclined.

Edit: this thread may be helpful for you.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323459
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SlingTV2