• 9(current)
Deprecated SlingTV
(2019-12-04, 22:37)eracknaphobia Wrote: A guide is definitely in the works. I hope to have a beta to test out soon.

Is there any guess as to when this maybe coming out? Love being able to watch Sling, but it makes it very hard without a guide
Help my sling tv is not getting epg guide it only gets channels and on demand
(2019-12-17, 05:22)Codywn94 Wrote: Help my sling tv is not getting epg guide it only gets channels and on demand
See post #114 from eracknaphobia

hope it comes with Santa.
looking forward to updates to the sling tv addon within kodi.

I just signed up with sling after having been on PS Vue and that addon since it pretty much came out.

Would love to see a working guide, it is probably at the top of my list of wants.  If there is a beta out there that I am missing that needs testing point me in the right direction and I will help out as much as I can.

Where should donations go to to help in this effort?
Just discovered that this was a thing, and Sling is one of the few things I still use that isn't (or wasn't) available through Kodi last time I set up a new system... decided to give it a try, and ran into a nifty error right outta the box!

log
If they can get DVR playback working. All the other day to day stuff I can do thru the app.
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
Here's a link to the new sling addon we've been working on.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...ight=sling
So for the last few days everything's been working okay for me. I started a fresh build, but now all of a sudden it's like I can go to click a link (station), it acts like it's going to play but then it just doesn't.

Basically think hitting play, but stopping it before the video starts. I'm sure we've all done that once or twice when playing a TV show or a movie or something.

In any event, based on what I'm looking at right now, I'm on version 1.0.2

Not a thing has changed about my setup, so I don't know if there is an update to the app in the background that kind of broke it or what.

But I set my stations as quick launches from the favorites menu, and no matter whether I launch it from there or the actual Channel menu by going through the app. Same result.

The pic is what I'm taking about, it gets to that point, no matter the station and then just "stops".

Edit: It also just hit me that it's possible sling could have changed something on the back end that broke it. At least in terms of links playing which is weird that it would break just that but not me getting them to show the stations available to me.

Aaaaand before I forget, I installed through the kodi repo and am using Libreelec 9.2.0

(2020-01-18, 11:45)MoreBloodWine Wrote: So for the last few days everything's been working okay for me. I started a fresh build, but now all of a sudden it's like I can go to click a link (station), it acts like it's going to play but then it just doesn't.

Basically think hitting play, but stopping it before the video starts. I'm sure we've all done that once or twice when playing a TV show or a movie or something.

In any event, based on what I'm looking at right now, I'm on version 1.0.2

Not a thing has changed about my setup, so I don't know if there is an update to the app in the background that kind of broke it or what.

But I set my stations as quick launches from the favorites menu, and no matter whether I launch it from there or the actual Channel menu by going through the app. Same result.

The pic is what I'm taking about, it gets to that point, no matter the station and then just "stops".

Edit: It also just hit me that it's possible sling could have changed something on the back end that broke it. At least in terms of links playing which is weird that it would break just that but not me getting them to show the stations available to me.

Aaaaand before I forget, I installed through the kodi repo and am using Libreelec 9.2.0

Take a look at this Sling licensing issue
Thanks for the reply, so at this point it looks like we just have to wait for an update. No biggie.

Glad it's not a copyright thing or some bs bec then I'd be scratching my head like wtf. It's a backend allowing me to access content I'm paying for.
(2020-01-18, 15:41)MoreBloodWine Wrote: Thanks for the reply, so at this point it looks like we just have to wait for an update. No biggie.

Glad it's not a copyright thing or some bs bec then I'd be scratching my head like wtf. It's a backend allowing me to access content I'm paying for.

There's a fix now, just needs to pushed to this version of Sling
(2020-01-18, 15:48)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-01-18, 15:41)MoreBloodWine Wrote: Thanks for the reply, so at this point it looks like we just have to wait for an update. No biggie.

There's a fix now, just needs to pushed to this version of Sling
[emoji173][emoji106][emoji109]
Development on this addon has ended. Please use this version of sling as it is the one being actively worked on.
(2020-01-18, 16:00)eracknaphobia Wrote: Development on this addon has ended. Please use this version of sling as it is the one being actively worked on.
This might be a stupid question but will it at some point be added to the Kodi repo?

Consider me lazy but I prefer to install things through the menu LOL
(2020-01-18, 16:03)MoreBloodWine Wrote:
(2020-01-18, 16:00)eracknaphobia Wrote: Development on this addon has ended. Please use this version of sling as it is the one being actively worked on.
This might be a stupid question but will it at some point be added to the Kodi repo?

Consider me lazy but I prefer to install things through the menu LOL  

I hear ya. We do plan on getting it in but it may be some time before that happens. If you install the IOFault repo all the subsequent updates will happen automatically.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SlingTV2