Fanart Background
I'm new to Kodi, so apologies if this is a stupid or trivial question, but I've searched for a solution and haven't been able to find one yet.

I'm using the Grid skin on Leia and would like to set it up so that it automatically pulls fanart from somewhere (e.g. Fanart.tv) for currently airing shows, and uses those images as backgrounds. The key thing is that I want the fanart to include shows that I don't have in my media library i.e. Game of Thrones is airing (either live, recently or upcoming) so the background is pulled and shown even though I don't have Game of Thrones in my library. Is there any way to do this? I can download the images manually and use them, but is there some automated way to do it? Even if it isn't time specific but just refreshes the images regularly that would be a start.

Thank you in advance for your help.
(2019-02-12, 18:32)marcusliassides Wrote: I'm new to Kodi, so apologies if this is a stupid or trivial question, but I've searched for a solution and haven't been able to find one yet.

I'm using the Grid skin on Leia and would like to set it up so that it automatically pulls fanart from somewhere (e.g. Fanart.tv) for currently airing shows, and uses those images as backgrounds. The key thing is that I want the fanart to include shows that I don't have in my media library i.e. Game of Thrones is airing (either live, recently or upcoming) so the background is pulled and shown even though I don't have Game of Thrones in my library. Is there any way to do this? I can download the images manually and use them, but is there some automated way to do it? Even if it isn't time specific but just refreshes the images regularly that would be a start.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I was also looking to fix this problem and then I found the solution. Go to skin settings and then artwork and in background image type select fanart and this will fix your problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart Background0