Subtitle for non-english audio streams only
I recently upgraded to Kodi 18. My issue is with playing the right subtitle, rather than downloading them. I used to have a Kodi add-on that could detect the audio stream and then if it was Japanese, then it would use the English subtitles. My ideal preference would be to use English subtitles on everything non-English audio and then forced subtitles or nothing on everything English.

I can't seem to find this add-on anymore, and the only functionality I can get working on Kodi using the default settings is the forced subtitles on English. Any idea what I can do?
I built-in similar function into SubsMangler. But I haven't took into consideration multiple audio tracks so there is definitely a way for improvement ;-)
Anyway, it tries to identify file's audio language and match it against Kodi's preferred settings.
The question is if you want to ignore existing subtitle files for your preferred audio language. This is something that is not supported at the moment. If local subtitles are on disk, they will be showed.
RPi4; LibreElec
(2019-02-16, 10:39)bkiziuk Wrote: I built-in similar function into SubsMangler. But I haven't took into consideration multiple audio tracks so there is definitely a way for improvement ;-)
Anyway, it tries to identify file's audio language and match it against Kodi's preferred settings.
The question is if you want to ignore existing subtitle files for your preferred audio language. This is something that is not supported at the moment. If local subtitles are on disk, they will be showed.
 I appreciate the reply, but it looks like your SubsMangler has more functionality than I need. I don't need to download any subs or make conversions or anything. I just want subs to display by default when the audio stream is not English.
(2019-02-13, 13:57)ss4johnny Wrote: I used to have a Kodi add-on that could detect the audio stream and then if it was Japanese, then it would use the English subtitles. My ideal preference would be to use English subtitles on everything non-English audio and then forced subtitles or nothing on everything English.

I can't seem to find this add-on anymore
that's EXACTLY the type of add-on I'm looking for. If anyone knows where I can find it please let me know !!
Is it this?  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=153783
Maintaining a few add-ons for v18 including PseudoTV (Classic), Tag Overview, and Autosub: https://github.com/fnord12

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle for non-english audio streams only0