EventGhost EventClient - @Win32-developers, please help test and develop
Information 
This is extremely basic and is more a proof of concept and a thing to get the ball rolling for anyone else.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...f=10&t=894
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I am working on setting up my philips mce remote to work with the default keymap.xml using eventghost. Attached is an updated plugin started by Topfs2 and the XBMC.xml config file. This is far from done...

http://www.box.net/shared/fnyo67hkwo

MDPauley
I'm gonna try this out when i get home from work Smile
My XBMC system:
XBMC PC: 2.2 GHz Dual-core, GeForce 6400 GS, 2 GB Ram
Remote: Phillips Pronto RC9800i
TV: Phillips 42" LCD 1080p 42PFL7962D
Dreambox: Dreambox 500-S
XBMC Tools - Coming soon
XBMC .net API - Coming soon
why are you working with an app that has not had any active development in over a year when there are free apps like IR Server and LM Remote KeyMap that are active and do the same things?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:why are you working with an app that has not had any active development in over a year when there are free apps like IR Server and LM Remote KeyMap that are active and do the same things?

Many in the forums have said to be using EventGhost so I coded the start as a help to get anyone started. Also it has a good plugin system which makes it easy to add support for.

Also could you post links to the other apps as I cant really find any juicy information about them (Granted Ive only googled for like 2 mins as Im on an internet cafe)

/Topfs2
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
see threads I've started in the Winodws forums... they have info on LM Remote Keymap, I'm currently using it. IR Server is far more powerful but more complicated too.
Livin Wrote:why are you working with an app that has not had any active development in over a year when there are free apps like IR Server and LM Remote KeyMap that are active and do the same things?
Not true, http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/. It is very actively developed.
Charly recently implemented IR Server Suite support in XBMC. It works great with his MCE remote. Unfortunately I can't get neither my HID remote nor my Apple Remote (Mac mini, WinXP) to work with IR Suite.
I'm gonna give it a go tonight... I only have a basic Logitech Media Remote for my PC but it has all the features your'd need... OK/Select, Back, Vol and play etc...
kricker Wrote:Not true, http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/. It is very actively developed.
EventGhost also happen to be C++ open source same as XBMC, and it follows very much the same concept as our EventServer in XBMC, (also the plugin for EventGhost are like kricker sais still being very actively developed).

So it make a lot of sense to integrate EventGhost into XBMC's EventServer.

Nod
I have a friend that has had a lot of success with EventGhost and XBMC. Like most people probably do, he interfaces through USN-irt. I'll be trying it tonight for the first time with an RF firefly remote from snapstream. I see the firefly is listed under EventGhost's devices, so I hope it works. : )

Is anyone else using a firefly with XBMC?
I saw the link to sourceforge "You can download EventGhost from the SourceForge releases page. " on the site and only saw a binary over a year old... I missed the daily builds.
tknice1 Wrote:I have a friend that has had a lot of success with EventGhost and XBMC. Like most people probably do, he interfaces through USN-irt. I'll be trying it tonight for the first time with an RF firefly remote from snapstream. I see the firefly is listed under EventGhost's devices, so I hope it works. : )

Is anyone else using a firefly with XBMC?
I use Eventghost with a USB-UIRT and my TV remote. It works great for all my apps. XBMC works fine using the keymap and sending keyboard commands thru Eventghost. The only drawback is when the OSD keyboard appears. The direction arrows do not control the OSD keyboard as mentioned here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EventGhost EventClient - @Win32-developers, please help test and develop0