• 36(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-04-02, 19:01)MANswers Wrote: Oh gosh this looks complicated, i dont like the idea of trial and error.. i'd rather not brick my device, and instead stick with what I have. 
By the way how do i take a screen capture of my Kodi screen? I have the Minix a2 lite remote. 
It is really not complicated; you remove # from the line and edit the frequency that you want to try. First try the next higher numbers from default...
BTW, there is no way to brick Odroid N2, it's not a box Wink
Don't know about Minix a2, I use Rii mini i8+ keyboard and use "Print Screen" keys to capture screen shots.
(2020-04-03, 00:16)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 19:01)MANswers Wrote: Oh gosh this looks complicated, i dont like the idea of trial and error.. i'd rather not brick my device, and instead stick with what I have. 
By the way how do i take a screen capture of my Kodi screen? I have the Minix a2 lite remote. 
It is really not complicated; you remove # from the line and edit the frequency that you want to try. First try the next higher numbers from default...
Don't know about Minix a2, I use Rii mini i8+ keyboard and use "Print Screen" keys to capture screen shots. 

I am just worried because I have skinned my themes exhaustively, it took me days.. If something goes wrong i will have to do it over over again.
Would you know what is the ideal frequency for the ODROID-N2 CoreELEC Edition4GB from Ameridroid?
(2020-04-03, 01:06)MANswers Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 00:16)Sholander Wrote:

I am just worried because I have skinned my themes exhaustively, it took me days.. If something goes wrong i will have to do it over over again.

Well then, before experimenting with things - BACKUP - your setup using the inbuilt CE backup system. Store the .rar file externally on a PC / Mac

I really is not hard to do.

I tried the next max frequencies..
max_freq_a73='1908'
max_freq_a53='1896'

And it worked!! Kodi booted up, now I have to play the videos and see if it crashes or not. By the way i tried it on the emmc card not the usd card.
I still have to go through the entire thread, i have read until page 10, are there other tweaks other than this one for the N2? If there are... then I wil go back and read the entire thread... it might take me a day but if there is nothing more then there is no point. I have got the N2 to work perfectly according to my liking of skin tweaks.
By the way, i havent tried 3D movies yet, my 4K TV is 3D format as well.. do i need to change any settings in CoreElec for that, or its good straight out of the box as it came?
(2020-04-03, 09:17)MANswers Wrote: I tried the next max frequencies..
max_freq_a73='1908'
max_freq_a53='1896'

And it worked!! Kodi booted up, now I have to play the videos and see if it crashes or not. By the way i tried it on the emmc card not the usd card.
I still have to go through the entire thread, i have read until page 10, are there other tweaks other than this one for the N2? If there are... then I wil go back and read the entire thread... it might take me a day but if there is nothing more then there is no point. I have got the N2 to work perfectly according to my liking of skin tweaks.
By the way, i havent tried 3D movies yet, my 4K TV is 3D format as well.. do i need to change any settings in CoreElec for that, or its good straight out of the box as it came?
Did you make a full backup before experimenting ? Get an uSD card for your experiments, it's easier to fix...
There is no other tweak worth mentioning except CPU overclock that I know of...
3D formats that are supported (SBS and TAB-OU) work without any changes "out of the box".
(2020-04-03, 12:10)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 09:17)MANswers Wrote: I tried the next max frequencies..
max_freq_a73='1908'
max_freq_a53='1896'

Did you make a full backup before experimenting ? Get an uSD card for your experiments, it's easier to fix...
There is no other tweak worth mentioning except CPU overclock that I know of...
3D formats that are supported (SBS and TAB-OU) work without any changes "out of the box". 

Yes I did backup my setup and then made the changes.

I am using Minix remote, how do i go about taking screen captures of kodi? I am facing some issue with my Nox skin, i need to take a screenshot and upload it to the skin's thread.
(2020-04-12, 08:27)MANswers Wrote: I am using Minix remote, how do i go about taking screen captures of kodi? I am facing some issue with my Nox skin, i need to take a screenshot and upload it to the skin's thread. 

I don't have that remote; I use Rii mini i8+ WiFi keyboard and it takes screen shots as any other keyboard by pressing "Print Screen" button. You can do that using any keyboard, or use "Keymap Editor" addon to map a key on your remote for SS.
(2020-03-31, 20:14)wpbpete Wrote: Hey guys,
I'm having a problem setting up smb on my N2. I posted on both their forums but haven't gotten any responses, maybe you guys can help me. thx
Quote:Hi guys, I just got my N2 Friday and was having the craziest problem. I use my router as a nas (T-mobile version of asus tm-ac1900) and have always connected using smb. Trying to load the shares thru Kodi settings it would not take the username/password at all. Funny thing is it saved the username/password in Kodi userdata folder everytime but it still refused to take. No notifications of any kind. I finally was able to set it up by enabling ‘guest mode’ in the router BUT now it still bounces the username/password but it let’s me see the shares. I’m a first time CoreELEC user so not sure if I’m supposed to do something beforehand. Appreciate any help setting it up the right way cause the ‘guest mode’ access seems a little quirky, thanks.
Well two weeks later and still can't get this stupid box working Sad I bought a shield yesterday and was all set in 10 minutes wtf.... if anybody wants to buy this one pm me.
(2020-04-15, 03:32)wpbpete Wrote:
I'm having a problem setting up smb on my N2. I posted on both their forums but haven't gotten any responses, maybe you guys can help me. thx
Well two weeks later and still can't get this stupid box working Sad
How can a box (SBC in this case) be more stupid than it's owner, that is the question... ?
Tongue 
(2020-04-15, 15:57)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-04-15, 03:32)wpbpete Wrote:
Well two weeks later and still can't get this stupid box working Sad 
How can a box (SBC in this case) be more stupid than it's owner, that is the question... ? 
Simple thing that 9 devices in my home do, this one doesn't ie: Stupid Box! Sarcasm Daniel
(2020-04-16, 02:23)wpbpete Wrote:
(2020-04-15, 15:57)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-04-15, 03:32)wpbpete Wrote: Well two weeks later and still can't get this stupid box working Sad 
Simple thing that 9 devices in my home do, this one doesn't ie: Stupid Box! Sarcasm Daniel 

Hmm, if you mean by "simple thing" setting up SMB than it's not the boxes stupidity, because SMB works perfect on thousands of N2 SBCs, so it must be someone else's Wink
Tongue 
(2020-04-16, 11:10)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 02:23)wpbpete Wrote:
(2020-04-15, 15:57)Sholander Wrote: How can a box (SBC in this case) be more stupid than it's owner, that is the question... ?  

Hmm, if you mean by "simple thing" setting up SMB than it's not the boxes stupidity, because SMB works perfect on thousands of N2 SBCs, so it must be someone else's Wink 
I'm guessing you must have a relationship with this product since my comment got your panties all wound up. I wish you had responded to my op two weeks ago when I needed some help. I've been on this site since 2013 and everyone has always been very helpful and very knowledgeable, your comments don't fit this model. You have the same attitude as the seller, wonder why.... Feel free to move on Daniel, I have
(2020-03-31, 20:14)wpbpete Wrote: Hi guys, I just got my N2 Friday and was having the craziest problem.

I use my router as a nas (T-mobile version of asus tm-ac1900) and have always connected using smb.
Trying to load the shares thru Kodi settings it would not take the username/password at all.

Funny thing is it saved the username/password in Kodi userdata folder everytime but it still refused to take.

No notifications of any kind. I finally was able to set it up by enabling ‘guest mode’ in the router BUT now it still bounces the username/password but it let’s me see the shares. I’m a first time CoreELEC user so not sure if I’m supposed to do something beforehand. Appreciate any help setting it up the right way cause the ‘guest mode’ access seems a little quirky, thanks.

SMB and Networking is basically a PIA these days with Kodi because you can no longer anonymously browse SMB File shares.

Usually when adding Kodi SMB Network Shares you now have to:

1) Kodi Videos > Files > Add Videos ...
2) Browse > Add Network location >
3) Protocol > SMB and then add File server IP address and Username and Password > OK
4) then back in "Browse for new Share" > select SMB://ipaddress.of.just-added-server

That is the way I add SMB shares with CE Kodi and Android Kodi these days.

ODROID N2's are pretty thin on the ground at the moment so I'm sure you can resell it if you have to.

W.

(2020-04-16, 13:01)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 20:14)wpbpete Wrote: Hi guys, I just got my N2 Friday and was having the craziest problem.

I use my router as a nas (T-mobile version of asus tm-ac1900) and have always connected using smb.
Trying to load the shares thru Kodi settings it would not take the username/password at all.

Funny thing is it saved the username/password in Kodi userdata folder everytime but it still refused to take.

No notifications of any kind. I finally was able to set it up by enabling ‘guest mode’ in the router BUT now it still bounces the username/password but it let’s me see the shares. I’m a first time CoreELEC user so not sure if I’m supposed to do something beforehand. Appreciate any help setting it up the right way cause the ‘guest mode’ access seems a little quirky, thanks.

SMB and Networking is basically a PIA these days with Kodi because you can no longer anonymously browse SMB File shares.

Usually when adding Kodi SMB Network Shares you now have to:

1) Kodi Videos > Files > Add Videos ...
2) Browse > Add Network location >
3) Protocol > SMB and then add File server IP address and Username and Password > OK
4) then back in "Browse for new Share" > select SMB://ipaddress.of.just-added-server

That is the way I add SMB shares with CE Kodi and Android Kodi these days.

ODROID N2's are pretty thin on the ground at the moment so I'm sure you can resell it if you have to.

W. 

Thank you, I'm all set now. I purchased a new Shield and it loaded smb on the first attempt with no issues. thx again Smile
(2020-04-16, 12:16)wpbpete Wrote: I'm guessing you must have a relationship with this product since my comment got your panties all wound up.

Yes I have, I own one Smile but am running CoreElec/Kodi on it, NOT Android where you asked for help. It took me less than 2 minutes to set SMB shares which is obviously  nuclear physics * to you.

* anything that isn't plug&play
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4