• 2(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
I've never felt so good using CoreELEC
and I have to say that I was a user of wetek play, raspberry.
OpenELEC, LibreELEC.
I follow the beginning of everything.
But now it's time to have something really solid.
OdroidN2 + CoreELEC
Thank you for letting us know the best!
Just waiting for Odroid because CoreELEC already use the thousand marvels. Laugh
Thank you, as always helpful.
What is the status of the project? N2 just became available from HarKernel.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
Odroid N2 test builds - CoreELEC
I really like my C2 and I am considering giving the N2 a go. Any reason to get the 4GB over the 2GB version for a media center only application?
No need for 4GB when running a lightweight OS like CoreELEC - Kodi Leia. Even 2GB is overkill.

Other OS's setups like Android and more demanding Linux OS's will benefit with 4GB.

CE Kodi Leia is working pretty nicely for an Early test release, you can read about current issues and support over HERE (click)

The one thing I have noticed is the newer ARM Mali G52-MP6 GPU has improved picture output quality, especially for picture post processing. Improvements are seen with Deinterlacing and picture Upscaling (especially SD mpeg2) and Anti Aliasing (aka getting rid of jaggies).
In fact it's great Smile

The S922X N2 also runs nice and cool - I hardly see it above 40 degrees C (running CoreELEC) - reason being is the 12nm manufacturing process - thats then needs less power to run the modern ARM based - S922X Chipset.
Hardkernel also have an excellent N2 passive heatsink case included. (Don't believe the BS posts you read elsewhere)

(2019-04-11, 06:15)wrxtasy Wrote: The S922X N2 also runs nice and cool - I hardly see it above 40 degrees C (running CoreELEC) - reason being is the 12nm manufacturing process - thats then needs less power to run the modern ARM based - S922X Chipset.
Hardkernel also have an excellent N2 passive heatsink case included. (Don't believe the BS posts you read elsewhere)
How did you manage to get it above 40°C ? My record is 36°C with ambient at 22°C... Confused
Does anyone know if HDR is working correctly on this now? about to take the plunge and purchase one of these.
(2019-04-30, 20:45)nabberuk Wrote: Does anyone know if HDR is working correctly on this now? about to take the plunge and purchase one of these.

I've purchased this as it looks like the colour modes are working and they seem to be updating corelec fairly quickly.
(2019-04-30, 20:45)nabberuk Wrote: Does anyone know if HDR is working correctly on this now? about to take the plunge and purchase one of these.

Just received mine and installed the latest CoreELEC nightly and 4k + HDR is working perfectly out of the box.
Good, good news. Keep up the good work. Can someone maybe make a walkthrough video or a presentation video?
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2019-05-22, 09:59)tmihai20 Wrote: Good, good news. Keep up the good work. Can someone maybe make a walkthrough video or a presentation video?

If you are interested in Odroid N2 / CoreELEC then all info is found on CoreElec forum
I got an N2 last week.  Really happy with it, well designed and well made.  CoreELEC is solid on it even with nightly builds.  Media center benchmarks are outstanding for the N2 and its Amlogic S922X SoC.  Really don't understand why people bother with inferior platforms. 

The only down side I can see is that CoreELEC is not exactly plug and play, but it's pretty darn close.  It performs really nice and worth a little extra effort.  Best of all CoreELEC is an open and free OS for an open and free media center.
(2019-05-22, 11:28)CraigHB Wrote: Really don't understand why people bother with inferior platforms.
My 'new' media player arrived today.
Cost £12 ($15).
A used S905X from ebay.
It's for a tv in my son's room - a 1080p viera stuck to the wall.
Tell me why I should spend over 10x the amount for an N2.
What extra will it give me?

Horses for courses.  Some people would think the N2 inadequate (for their needs).
(2019-05-22, 12:29)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-05-22, 11:28)CraigHB Wrote: Really don't understand why people bother with inferior platforms.
Cost £12 ($15).
A used S905X from ebay.

Horses for courses.  Some people would think the N2 inadequate (for their needs). 
That is a very good point........  LibreELEC OR CoreELEC plays Very well on these older Amlogic boxes.........  What would we gain by using the N2?
(2019-05-22, 16:17)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2019-05-22, 12:29)trogggy Wrote:
Cost £12 ($15).
A used S905X from ebay.

That is a very good point........  LibreELEC OR CoreELEC plays Very well on these older Amlogic boxes.........  What would we gain by using the N2? 
Ability to watch NF in 1080p (SW decoding) and HBO-GO 1080p (HW decoding), or DVB-T2/S2 in 1080p for example, apart from more potent hardware such as 4xUSB 3.0, GB Ethernet...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4