• 8(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
It is strange. Guess in the final analysis, my S912 box, bought for $40, has built-in BT and performs at level comparable to N2.
Nope, not with eMMC module installed, which makes N2 the fastest LE/CE box I've ever tried.
I know it doesn't help with your 3050, but figured I'd mention that the N2 has no issues outputting Atmos to my Yamaha 3080.

Multichannel PCM output would be nice as I transcoded many lossless audio movies to 6 and 8 channel flac many years ago before pass-through worked well.
(2019-08-13, 01:37)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks... I've tried h/w on/off, 5.1 & 7.1 channels, toggling passthrough on/off. Doesn't work. Going back to S912 CE box.

CE on the N2 does not support > 2.0 LPCM

Leave audio as 2.0 Channels and enable Dolby Digital transcoding for 5.1 AAC to 5.1 AC3

This isn't about LPCM, rather ATMOS not passing through properly (at least w/my AVR).
(2019-08-13, 03:19)hdmkv Wrote: This isn't about LPCM, rather ATMOS not passing through properly (at least w/my AVR).

Ahh sorry yes. Still do not set 5.1 or 7.1 in Channels. Audio is slightly different vs the old v3.14 Kernel in the S912 devices.

Let the CE guys sort it by providing them with some Kernel and Kodi Logs.

Decided to do just that as a CE developer reached out. Will hold on to N2 and see if the ATMOS issue gets worked out.
Issue resolved, scroll down
Atmos on my N2 works fine. No issues here.
(2019-08-13, 14:14)atoulmin Wrote: Atmos on my N2 works fine. No issues here.

Would it help if people confirmed what flavour of Atmos they are taking about ?  

Atmos can be used with both Dolby True HD lossless and Dolby Digital Plus lossy compression.

Streaming services use DD+ with Atmos, as do some Blu-ray secondary language tracks (say German or French dubs on Hollywood movies).

Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray usually use Dolby True HD with Atmos (at least for the primary track)

AIUI the handling for the two different flavours may not be the same, and using the word 'Atmos' on its own doesn't actually define the audio format?
(2019-08-13, 14:05)hdmkv Wrote: Decided to do just that as a CE developer reached out. Will hold on to N2 and see if the ATMOS issue gets worked out.

For my yamaha rx v585, to get atmos working, i set power. Amp to surr.back and enable all speaker including the presence speaker, all 3 of presence speakers mode work for me. I learned that to get atmos work, i need to enable all speaker layout. for example if i leave only 2 front speaker enabled in setup, atmos audio will default to true hd.
I figured out the issue. I had my AVR on Neural:X while testing ATMOS w/N2 and it was showing TrueHD being received & processed. When I switch to ‘Straight’, I get ATMOS just fine w/N2. It’s funny as when in Neural:X mode on my Yamaha A3050 AVR, with nVidia Shield and Zidoo Z9S, it shows ATMOS being processed. So, the behavior is a bit different with N2. But, I always switch to ‘Straight’ anyway when watching ATMOS and DTS;X full movies (vs. test files).
A question... if I buy a eMMC Module N2 Linux (Red Dot), can I just insert into N2 and do installtoemmc to install CoreELEC to eMMC? Or do I need a USB EMMC writer to format the eMMC module first?
(2019-08-15, 01:42)hdmkv Wrote: A question... if I buy a eMMC Module N2 Linux (Red Dot), can I just insert into N2 and do installtoemmc to install CoreELEC to eMMC? Or do I need a USB EMMC writer to format the eMMC module first?

No formatting needed, the script will do everything.
Using USB writer or microsd adapter (cheaper) will be easier, though
(2019-08-10, 00:49)Sholander Wrote: Fastest media is eMMC, then USB3.0 and uSD is slowest.
Just switched from mSD to eMMC and holy crap... huge difference! This is now the fastest LE/CE device I've used.
It gets even smoother and snappier if you disable Kodi's Dirty Regions by using advancedsettings.xml

Kodi's Dirty Regions - ARM GPU Tech - improving Kodi rendering performance (click)

DR really is redundant on modern ARM GPU's that also have proper chipset cooling.

Then there is also the CPU Mhz Freq to tickle in config.ini file (remove the #):

Code:
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'

W.

(2019-08-20, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Then there is also the CPU Mhz Freq to tickle in config.ini file (remove the #):
Code:
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'

boot.ini :-)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4