• 9(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-08-20, 09:16)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Then there is also the CPU Mhz Freq to tickle in config.ini file (remove the #):
Code:
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'

boot.ini :-)

No boot.ini can get overwritten with updates and you are back to square 1, for CoreELEC you now use config.ini Wink

I made the same mistake initially.

(2019-08-20, 10:19)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 09:16)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Then there is also the CPU Mhz Freq to tickle in config.ini file (remove the #):
Code:
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'

boot.ini :-)

No boot.ini can get overwritten with updates and you are back to square 1, for CoreELEC you now use config.ini Wink

I assume that change would mean you are in essence overclocking the CPU right? No issues with heat?
(2019-08-20, 10:47)binhex01 Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 10:19)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 09:16)Matt Devo Wrote:  boot.ini :-)

I assume that change would mean you are in essence overclocking the CPU right? No issues with heat?

Have you looked at that class leading passive heatsink on the N2 ?

They should have nicknamed it the black Cool Cat - a few 100MHz is not going to barely even register a temp increase Wink

(2019-08-20, 10:47)binhex01 Wrote: I assume that change would mean you are in essence overclocking the CPU right? No issues with heat? 

I run my N2 since I got it, 5 months now, on these "overclock" settings, and temperature doesn't rise at all.
As @wrxtasy says, Black Cool Cat takes care of all temp (over)load with ease Smile
(2019-08-20, 14:22)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 10:47)binhex01 Wrote: I assume that change would mean you are in essence overclocking the CPU right? No issues with heat? 

I run my N2 since I got it, 5 months now, on these "overclock" settings, and temperature doesn't rise at all.
As @wrxtasy says, Black Cool Cat takes care of all temp (over)load with ease Smile
Nice! And yes I do love the fact the N2 runs nice and cool, just wanted to make sure it stays that way even if overclocked, thanks for confirming guys.
(2019-08-20, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: It gets even smoother and snappier if you disable Kodi's Dirty Regions by using advancedsettings.xml

W. 
You still run dirtyregions=0 on N2 ?
I stopped using it on my N2, but now that you mention it, I'll try it again to see if there's any difference.
(2019-08-20, 10:19)wrxtasy Wrote: No boot.ini can get overwritten with updates and you are back to square 1, for CoreELEC you now use config.ini Wink

I looked at config.ini, and it appeared to be a completely different format, and just a template from the C2 (everything is commented out). If the file is static, perhaps mine is from an early test build
(2019-08-20, 16:01)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 10:19)wrxtasy Wrote: No boot.ini can get overwritten with updates and you are back to square 1, for CoreELEC you now use config.ini Wink

I looked at config.ini, and it appeared to be a completely different format, and just a template from the C2 (everything is commented out). If the file is static, perhaps mine is from an early test build 
Yes, that is default setting of config.ini. You uncomment only settings that you want to use.
(2019-08-20, 16:08)Sholander Wrote: Yes, that is default setting of config.ini. You uncomment only settings that you want to use. 

yes, I get that =P

my config.ini appears to be from a C2, not an N2, so the settings (like cpu freq) don't match up, hence my questioning if it was the correct place
OK Smile
For N2 to use max clock frequencies replace values that you have with:
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'

Depending on the CE version you run, you can get the newest config.ini file from adequate .tar update file. Unpack that file and in \3rdparty\bootloader folder you'll find proper config.ini.
(2019-08-20, 16:35)Sholander Wrote: Depending on the CE version you run, you can get the newest config.ini file from adequate .tar update file. Unpack that file and in \3rdparty\bootloader folder you'll find proper config.ini.

I was running 9.0.3, but the initial install was with a very early nightly build. Updated it from the latest nightly image and looks sane now -- thx Smile
CoreELEC running on the N2 - YouTube Video by ODROID themselves added to Post #1

Looks like cheaper DDR4 RAM prices have ended up in slight N2 price drops.

4GB N2 is now USD$70 (was $79)
2GB N2 is now USD$60 (was $63)

BTW config.ini has changed again for those on Nightly Releases with the addition of 5V USB Power configurability (click)

config.ini does Not get autoupdated with a nightly .tar update, manual manipulation is necessary it seems.

(2019-08-21, 08:54)wrxtasy Wrote: CoreELEC running on the N2 - YouTube Video by ODROID themselves added to Post #1

Looks like cheaper DDR4 RAM prices have ended up in slight N2 price drops.

4GB N2 is now USD$70 (was $79)
2GB N2 is now USD$60 (was $63)

BTW config.ini has changed again for those on Nightly Releases with the addition of 5V USB Power configurability (click)

config.ini does Not get autoupdated with a nightly .tar update, manual manipulation is necessary it seems. 
Looks like Netflix is only 2.0 on this...
Since it's going to take a while for the Raspberry Pi 4 to get HDR I'm thinking of getting an N2 for Kodi instead.
My setup is an Samsung Q6F QLED 65" TV and an LG SK9Y Atmos soundbar.

It should have no problem playing UHD BluRay Remuxes with Atmos right?

How does it play PRORES files with 150Mbps+ bitrate? I got a lot of Music Videos in that format I want to play as well.
(2019-08-21, 19:15)Analmouse Wrote: It should have no problem playing UHD BluRay Remuxes with Atmos right?
correct

Quote:How does it play PRORES files with 150Mbps+ bitrate? I got a lot of Music Videos in that format I want to play as well.

got a link to a sample I can test?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4