Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-09-02, 05:43)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-08-31, 18:14)lightsout Wrote:
(2019-08-31, 10:16)wrxtasy Wrote: I do not have a HDR10+ TV to test with but I've been told that AMLogic's Android Pie 9.0 has HDR10+ support.

For those that can test flash an Android TV Pie image from THIS (click) thread.

Cannot quite remember but I may have had issue during initial setup with Android when using a 4K HDMI connected display. Had to use a 1080p one.
Was fine after I played around in Android TV > Display settings.

I plan on flashing this build when I get my device. Seems to be the go to version of Android TV.

Do you have any limitations as far as apps go? I understand that Netflix won't support HD

Android Netflix will not even be available in the Google PlayStore on uncertified Android devices.
The Android Kodi Leia ATV Netflix Addon is not working for me either with the above linked ATV ROM. Works fine with CoreELEC.

Quote:But curious about the resolution other streaming apps play at.

I doubt any video streaming Apps that require any sort of Widevine L1 DRM or Microsoft Playready will work at all, if they do streaming will be SD only.

I do have my local subscription IPTV - Kayo sports App streaming in high quality 1080p h264 Smile
I don't think it uses DRM.
YouTube is 4K (HDR).

Quote:And also the availability or lack thereof of apps on the play store. Sometimes Google likes to not allow certain devices to install certain apps.

Google have changed their stance on 3rd party Android ROM's for usage with the Play Store - all you have to do now is register your uncertified device with them and the Play Store works normally:

See HERE

What I am impressed with is the snappiness of the above linked ATV Pie ROM, it's based on the LineageOS Android distribution (click).

Great man thanks for the info. I think I will be mainly using the device for Coreelec.

The Android side will be more just to play around so that's fine.

Messages In This Thread
ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by lightsout - 2019-09-02, 07:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4