• 14(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-09-08, 12:58)atoulmin Wrote:
(2019-09-08, 02:28)bdreams Wrote: Can anyone check alita:battle angel 4K version to see if hdr gets activated. I have tried the full disc mkv rip with no success only time is when map sdr to hdr is turned on. I have tried stable and nightly builds same result. Most of the other 4K movies I have tried no problems. My setup lg oled e7p and denon receiver in between even bypassing reciever same result works perfectly on the tv with emby and apple box.thanks in advance .. found the problem hdr10 plus disk

There is a bug in the 4.9 kernel that prevents it outputting HDR when you play something that is HDR10+. for example alita battle angel and Godzilla king of monsters.

Apparently it’s been worked on, but it’s been like it for a number of weeks and it’s probably low on the list of fixes. Given the amount of titles it affects.

Thank you for your reply I did find that info on CoreELEC forum strangely on my lg it does play and don’t look wash out only on my projector. Picture looks good just don’t trigger hdr symbol .
Got mine the other day. Been messing around with it so far so good. Coreelec is running great since I finally got passthrough audio working. I had sync to display checked and it was sending out some crazy audio.

Snappy little device.
first i wanted to thank @wrxtasy for recommending and helping with my C2, it's been a great little device last few years, it's time to upgrade thou
I bought Lg oled tv and was actually planing to buy shield just because it seems like allround top device still, but than i saw this thread, and yeah.. i think i will go with hardkernel again
If anyone will be kind to answer, what would be the best package for N2 to get? for C2 i bought 8GB eMMC for libreelec and kodi, bluetooth adapter for my harmony remote and all worked great.
I see there is a coreelec package with 8GB sandisk? or emmc is still the best option? tnx
Thx.
Why not just buy the CoreELEC N2 package and re-use your 8GB eMMC for CoreELEC on the N2 ?

Backup LE and use that on the Sandisk on your existing C2.

16GB eMMC is usually the best price / performance option because it's slightly faster vs 8GB eMMC.

The N2 is pretty snappy with 16GB eMMC, a slight Overclock and disabling Kodi's Dirty Regions, which is frankly now redundant on a powerful, modern ARM G52 GPU in a device with stellar passive cooling like the N2. Smile

(2019-09-10, 13:22)wrxtasy Wrote: Thx.
Why not just buy the CoreELEC N2 package and re-use your 8GB eMMC for CoreELEC on the N2 ?

Backup LE and use that on the Sandisk on your existing C2.

ok, i think i would have thought of that, eventually Big Grin
tnx again, N2 is on it's way, can't wait
The N2 with CoreElec wouldn't have any problem in connecting 8 external hard drives onto it and writing onto them over the network from Windows?
I got mine yday and it is v snappy even running Titan MOD skin. On par with my old Wintel i5 Kodi (which i ditched) and definitely faster than the Vero 4K+ (which is pretty decent tbh).

Also, confirmed that the N2/CE passes HDR MaxFLL & MaxCLL metadata (pending for the Vero) so tone mapping now works and matches my Oppo.

However, one thing is that the N2 does run quite hot - which is fine when it’s being used but bit of a waste when not. The Vero has a CEC Suspend function which lowers CPU etc so it runs pretty cool when the TV is off. On N2/CE the Suspend mode switches off the device. Hibernate option doesn't do anything.

Posted this on the CE Odroid N2 forum as an enhancement request.
(2019-09-12, 07:53)mombasa123 Wrote: I got mine yday and it is v snappy even running Titan MOD skin. On par with my old Wintel i5 Kodi (which i ditched) and definitely faster than the Vero 4K+ (which is pretty decent tbh).

Also, confirmed that the N2/CE passes HDR MaxFLL & MaxCLL metadata (pending for the Vero) so tone mapping now works and matches my Oppo.

However, one thing is that the N2 does run quite hot - which is fine when it’s being used but bit of a waste when not. The Vero has a CEC Suspend function which lowers CPU etc so it runs pretty cool when the TV is off. On N2/CE the Suspend mode switches off the device. Hibernate option doesn't do anything.

Your idea of 'quite hot' and mine must be different, my N2 runs at 40C pretty much all the time, hottest it has ever got is 45C under constant full load, keep in mind I'm talking CPU temp here so touching the heatsink means it's no more then slightly warm, I love it!
(2019-09-12, 07:53)mombasa123 Wrote: However, one thing is that the N2 does run quite hot - which is fine when it’s being used but bit of a waste when not. The Vero has a CEC Suspend function which lowers CPU etc so it runs pretty cool when the TV is off. On N2/CE the Suspend mode switches off the device. Hibernate option doesn't do anything.

LOL - Hot - it's actually the coolest (approx 40 degrees C) AMLogic chipset device with the best passive, black "Cool Cat" heatsink design I have ever seen on any ARM chipset device.
It also user stuff all power as well and can happily be left on 24/7.

I do agree the Vero 4K's Suspend is pretty neat.
Especially when I can simply touch the MINIX Wireless remote and via it's USB dongle receiver it wakes the Vero and turns on the TV and AVR.
Very much the same functionality as my ATV 4K.

(2019-09-12, 08:23)binhex01 Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 07:53)mombasa123 Wrote: I got mine yday and it is v snappy even running Titan MOD skin. On par with my old Wintel i5 Kodi (which i ditched) and definitely faster than the Vero 4K+ (which is pretty decent tbh).

Your idea of 'quite hot' and mine must be different, my N2 runs at 40C pretty much all the time, hottest it has ever got is 45C under constant full load, keep in mind I'm talking CPU temp here so touching the heatsink means it's no more then slightly warm, I love it! 
Mine runs at 55C and probably due to the very active Titan MOD screen. The heatsink is hot to the touch - not just warm.
(2019-09-12, 08:59)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 07:53)mombasa123 Wrote: However, one thing is that the N2 does run quite hot - which is fine when it’s being used but bit of a waste when not. The Vero has a CEC Suspend function which lowers CPU etc so it runs pretty cool when the TV is off. On N2/CE the Suspend mode switches off the device. Hibernate option doesn't do anything.

LOL - Hot - it's actually the coolest (approx 40 degrees C) AMLogic chipset device with the best passive, black "Cool Cat" heatsink design I have ever seen on any ARM chipset device.
It also user stuff all power as well and can happily be left on 24/7.

I do agree the Vero 4K's Suspend is pretty neat.
Especially when I can simply touch the MINIX Wireless remote and via it's USB dongle receiver it wakes the Vero and turns on the TV and AVR.
Very much the same functionality as my ATV 4K. 
As per above, probably depends on which skin it's running. Totally, the heatsink is cool but Suspend function would be even cooloer.

Didn't know the device can't Goto sleep. Any particular reason why?
Primary Sony 85" X8500F LED, Yamaha RX-V685, Odroid N2 4GB running CoreElec 19.4 RC1 (Kodi Matrix), SVS 5.1 Sound
Secondary Panasonic 50" ST50 Plasma, Pioneer AV916, Asus Chromebox running LibreElec (Kodi Leia)
(2019-09-12, 09:54)bym007 Wrote:

Didn't know the device can't Goto sleep. Any particular reason why? 
Seems it's specific to my N2 - CE dev tested on his and it works fine.

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/odroid-...de/6854/21
(2019-09-12, 09:54)bym007 Wrote: Didn't know the device can't Goto sleep. Any particular reason why? 

N2 goes to sleep (it's called Suspend) just fine. Wakes from suspend with any command from IR remote or wifi keyboard/mouse.
Besides that you can configure what ports (Ethernet and USB) will be powered down or not during suspend/sleep.
(2019-09-12, 09:48)mombasa123 Wrote: Mine runs at 55C and probably due to the very active Titan MOD screen. The heatsink is hot to the touch - not just warm. 

There are about a thousand N2 SBCs running CoreElec and you are first to report hot heatsink. 
My N2 can run Neflix at 1080p with subtitles, software decoded (which puts much load to the CPU) whole day and the heatsink is then only lukewarm. The CPU temp never goes over 45°C...
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4