Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-09-12, 07:53)mombasa123 Wrote: I got mine yday and it is v snappy even running Titan MOD skin. On par with my old Wintel i5 Kodi (which i ditched) and definitely faster than the Vero 4K+ (which is pretty decent tbh).

Also, confirmed that the N2/CE passes HDR MaxFLL & MaxCLL metadata (pending for the Vero) so tone mapping now works and matches my Oppo.

However, one thing is that the N2 does run quite hot - which is fine when it’s being used but bit of a waste when not. The Vero has a CEC Suspend function which lowers CPU etc so it runs pretty cool when the TV is off. On N2/CE the Suspend mode switches off the device. Hibernate option doesn't do anything.

Posted this on the CE Odroid N2 forum as an enhancement request.
Your idea of 'quite hot' and mine must be different, my N2 runs at 40C pretty much all the time, hottest it has ever got is 45C under constant full load, keep in mind I'm talking CPU temp here so touching the heatsink means it's no more then slightly warm, I love it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by binhex01 - 2019-09-12, 08:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4