Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-10-09, 06:15)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-10-01, 06:31)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-10-01, 05:48)ozkhan1 Wrote: Apparently you can install android tv on odors n2 as well. I wonder how Kodi would perform on n2 with android tv compared to coreelec.

I've used the Lineage ATV 9.0 Pie ROM (click) on the N2, it's pretty damn snappy.

vs CoreELEC:
- there is No auto Frame Rate or Resolution switching / matching
- No HD audio
- No Multichannel PCM
- and the usual AMLogic Android Kodi bugs for broken VC-1 playback and poor quality DVD Rips / OTA TV deinterlacing.
- Kodi Netflix Addon simply will not work either with that specific Lineage ROM.

HardKernel's underlying Android release, which all N2 Android releases are built upon, also makes you reboot when changing output Hz and/or Resolution in Android OS settings which is a real PITA.

- Android Apps - Auto Frame Rate Switching is now working after a few slight Mods, see this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2891405 - making YouTube video viewing nice and smooth !

- Kodi - SD TV / DVD Rips deinterlacing and 1080p VC-1 Bluray Rips video playback can be fixed via SW decoding and SW YADIF2x deinterlacing by copying THIS (click) decodefilter.xml into Kodi's "Profile Directory" using the inbuilt Kodi File manager.

Want an even faster ARM Mali G-52 GPU, then tickle the GPU to 800 MHz:

Code:
echo 2 > /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode

W.

Are you using lineage variant of android tv os?
How would you compare N2 with that running to shield? Better upscaling I would hope.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by ozkhan1 - 2019-10-09, 18:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4