Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-11-01, 21:54)hdmkv Wrote: With the 2019 nVidia Shield 4K upscaling conversation, wondering if/how N2 w/CoreELEC can be set to upscale to 4K? I currently have mine auto refresh/resolution switching. Just un-whitelist all resolutions except 4K in settings?

Honestly I don’t see the point in devs. chasing improved non 4K content upscaling if a 4K HDR capable - Kodi specifically focussed media player - were to be set permanently to output 4K SDR all the time with auto resolution switching disabled....

Why ?

Because modern 4K HDR TV’s will blank their screen when there is a mode change from SDR (ie the Kodi interface) to HDR anyway. So whilst it is doing that you might as well do auto resolution matching and let the 4K HDR TV use it’s high quality picture hardware upscaling.

This is of course assuming your 4K HDR TV has great picture hardware upscaling to begin with.

The HDR AMLogic chipset devices have never had anywhere near the auto resolution (Linux Kodi only) & colorspace switching problems the Shields have had.

If it ain’t broke, dont’t go messin’ with it is the motto ! Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by wrxtasy - 2019-11-02, 04:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4