Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-01-02, 11:59)noggin Wrote:
(2020-01-02, 01:36)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2020-01-01, 12:04)noggin Wrote: I have my N2 - and get occasional vision drop outs over HDMI in 1080p and 2160p output - whether in playback or the GUI. This is using HDMI Premium Certified cables that I also use with other devices and the N2 is the only device that drops out. 
I haven't experienced any visual problems yet. But then again, I haven't really tested it fully. I'm a little confused by "Vision drop out"... meaning, the video stops playing and your screen blacks out?  

Yes - and the TV flashes up it's OSD - which suggests the HDMI stream has been interrupted or changed format (as the OSD and flashing to black are what happens when an HDMI stream changes format or is corrupt) 

The only two things I have experienced so far:
  1. My TV doesn't show the HDR/Dolby Vision banner (upper-right notification) when I play a file thru N2. But it does when using TV's native apps. I know I won't ever see Dolby Vision cause it's not supported on N2, but I should be seeing HDR, no? I tried pressing "O" on my keyboard to see what it reads, but I can't interpret those results, yet. Have to educate myself more on that feature.
  2. Last night, I played a Dolby TrueHD video file. My AVR played it with no issues and it sounded great! AVR also showed on its display the red, Dolby D+ icon. However, when changing the volume (up or down) the audio drops for a second and then resumes.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Today, I will search the forums for sample files that have no encode issues that have been shared so that I can test even further.
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by Newbie_from_NJ - 2020-01-02, 15:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4