Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-03-31, 20:14)wpbpete Wrote: Hi guys, I just got my N2 Friday and was having the craziest problem.

I use my router as a nas (T-mobile version of asus tm-ac1900) and have always connected using smb.
Trying to load the shares thru Kodi settings it would not take the username/password at all.

Funny thing is it saved the username/password in Kodi userdata folder everytime but it still refused to take.

No notifications of any kind. I finally was able to set it up by enabling ‘guest mode’ in the router BUT now it still bounces the username/password but it let’s me see the shares. I’m a first time CoreELEC user so not sure if I’m supposed to do something beforehand. Appreciate any help setting it up the right way cause the ‘guest mode’ access seems a little quirky, thanks.

SMB and Networking is basically a PIA these days with Kodi because you can no longer anonymously browse SMB File shares.

Usually when adding Kodi SMB Network Shares you now have to:

1) Kodi Videos > Files > Add Videos ...
2) Browse > Add Network location >
3) Protocol > SMB and then add File server IP address and Username and Password > OK
4) then back in "Browse for new Share" > select SMB://ipaddress.of.just-added-server

That is the way I add SMB shares with CE Kodi and Android Kodi these days.

ODROID N2's are pretty thin on the ground at the moment so I'm sure you can resell it if you have to.

W.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by wrxtasy - 2020-04-16, 13:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4