Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-05-18, 12:50)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 09:33)madmax2 Wrote: Are you saying the Ugoos AM6 has better specs, Android OS Firmware and an easier Dual Boot Android / CoreELEC setup or the N2 has?
So they both got the same chipset

I am saying it has better Android Firmware, and an easier Dual Boot setup.
Specs are virtually the same except WiFi and BT included. ODROID N2 has more USB3 ports.
CoreELEC Kodi will be virtually identical N2 vs AM6.

Quote:I had a look at the Ugoos AM6 and looks like interesting android box with wifi and remote control + Bluetooth

I would not rely on Infra Red remotes for any AMLogic box, control results are usually poor.
Get a Wireless remote like the ultra reliable and popular MINIX A2 lite keyboard remote, which also includes an Air Mouse function that you definitely need for regular Android Tablet Apps.

Quote:but is there any reason to get the N2 or you can do the same thing on either devices?

It’s much easier to change OS images on the ODROID N2 simply by flashing eMMC or microSDHC.
OTG Cables and a PC is usually required to reflash internal eMMC on Android OS type boxes.

@wrxtasy

Can I ask what about the Android firmware is better on ugoos besides the way it dual boots. Is the os more stable?

On the coreelec forums one of the devs looked at the size of the CE partition on the ugoos dual boot partition and recommended against it because it was different than the official version.

I think that was more from support perspective, they recommended their dual boot method instead.

Messages In This Thread
ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by lightsout - 2020-05-20, 16:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4