• 42(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-05-24, 13:44)simrose Wrote: I have one of these ordered from the recommendation on here

and can see from this forum that the wechip g20 is recommended.

I read that control can be used to power on the odroid n2, can anyone explain how to do this.
More a question for the CoreELEC forums. Someone likely already has a Keymap.

Quote:Before I order the wechip g20 is it possible one of my remotes might work I own already.

Samsung bn59-01303a which belongs to my samsung uhd tv
Possibly if HDMI CEC plays nice, but it’s unlikely to be as fast vs a USB dongle Wireless remote.

Quote:I have a 7,1 setup with denon avr receiver atmos, dts x etc

Is the setup be similar to vero
Yes mostly.

Quote:enable 7,1 channels
Yes

Quote:output audio hdmi
You set HDMI Multi Ch PCM —> which might even be enabled by default anyway.

Quote:and i had to enable start and stop refresh.
That should be already be enabled by default.

Quote:Thanks
Sim

You are welcome. Smile

I have dozens of different remotes, including a couple like the G20, but my favorite by far is the G30s.........  The "s" indicates that most of the buttons are programmable IR codes...  I have 3 of them and all were less than $10 USD.  The air mouse works great and the Voice function is just fantastic.
Thanks for being so kind and by sharing and answering all my questions

Sim
I understand the power on and off feature isnt supported on a bluetooth controller but if i dont need to have this feature are their any good bluetooth remotes which are responsive i could use for the odroud n2?
Thanks
Sim
HDMI Multi Ch PCM
Why PCM?
Is this just the way the pass through works on this device?
Thanks Sim
Multichannel PCM in case you happen to playback audio that cannot be bitstreamed like 5.1ch FLAC, AAC etc. so they will be decoded and sent out as multichannel LPCM. What you have set in the Passthrough options, will be sent without decoding.
(2020-05-21, 21:13)ragico Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 19:31)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2020-05-21, 18:32)stuoningur Wrote: Hey guys two quick questions:

Are any settings for the best HDR experience needed with coreelec or are the defaults already correct?

With the Minix Neo A2 I often have to press multiple times buttons for it to register, does the remote go to sleep or something? Is there anything I can do to improve it?
I had problems with ghost touches, etc. with the A2. You can either get a usb extender cable, so that the usb plug isn't in the back right on top fo the rest of the electronics in the box. Helped somewhat. 

I eventually got fed up and just switched to this Wechip G20 remote and it has been excellent. The IR power button can be programmed for the N2, and it is very snappy (I use the same USB extender cable). My only wish is that it had a keyboard for the rare time that I need one, but not a deal breaker.I have the wechip G20 remote too with the N2. I am not capable to power on the N2, power off works. Can you pls help me to configure the remote for "power on" the N2? Thank you

The power button on the G20 is programmable, so what I did is I had the IR remote from odroid already, and I programmed my G20 power button to the power button on the odroid IR remote, and it worked perfectly. This way the power button uses IR to turn the N2 on/off, but the other buttons use the USB dongle to control (so it's response is much quicker than IR, and I don't need direct line of sight). 

Here is the IR remote that I used to program the G20 power button:

https://ameridroid.com/products/ir-remote-control
(2020-05-27, 14:01)Boulder Wrote: Multichannel PCM in case you happen to playback audio that cannot be bitstreamed like 5.1ch FLAC, AAC etc. so they will be decoded and sent out as multichannel LPCM. What you have set in the Passthrough options, will be sent without decoding.

Thanks for reply.  I've kept that setting HDMI Multi Ch PCM

Can anyone confirm i have it rest setup good.

I enabled passthrough for my avr
denon avr x2500h

i enabled all the options dtt,dts hd etc ( not sure about digital plus)

Not done anyhing else as unluckily the servers are down with coreelec so not managed to do much else.

Thanks
Sim
(2020-05-27, 21:36)simrose Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 14:01)Boulder Wrote: Multichannel PCM in case you happen to playback audio that cannot be bitstreamed like 5.1ch FLAC, AAC etc. so they will be decoded and sent out as multichannel LPCM. What you have set in the Passthrough options, will be sent without decoding.

denon avr x2500h

Not done anyhing else as unluckily the servers are down with coreelec so not managed to do much else.

Thanks
Sim  
 Have mine set to 2 channel and pass that to my NAD 777v3 which will decode to whatever signal is. My system is a 5.4.4 and I get atmos decoded by avr.

denon avr x2500h

Thanks
Sim   

If you have an AVR X2500H and a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker set-up (or equivalent with Atmos height speakers) then set your Number of Output Channels to 5.1 or 7.1 etc. (whatever your speaker configuration is - though you may want to leave your .1 in even if you don't have a subwoofer to let your AVR do bass management rather than Kodi).  That will ensure all non-passthrough formats like PCM, FLAC, AAC (*) etc. are decoded and to 5.1 or 7.1 PCM.

For bitstream formats - enable passthrough and enable passthrough for AC3/Dolby Digital, E-AC3/Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS and DTS HD. This will mean that all the passthrough formats will be passed through (i.e. bit streamed) untouched for your AVR to decode. (Your AVR will also indicate the bitstream type)

(*) Technically AAC can be carried over HDMI as a bitstream - but it's never really been implemented in Kodi (and support for AAC-over-HDMI is - or was - very rare outside of Japan)
(2020-05-28, 01:33)Harro Wrote:

denon avr x2500h

Thanks
Sim   
 Have mine set to 2 channel and pass that to my NAD 777v3 which will decode to whatever signal is. My system is a 5.4.4 and I get atmos decoded by avr.
ImageImage 

If you have a 5.1/7.1 or equivalent speaker set-up, then I'd configure the number of channels to 5.1 or 7.1 not 2.0.  Otherwise non-bitstream multichannel audio formats like AAC, FLAC, PCM etc. will be transcoded to Dolby Digital (as you have enable transcode on).  The only reason to select 2.0 and thus reveal and enable the transcode option in your situation is if Kodi is for some reason swapping surround channels over (which I don't think CoreElec does these days). However if you have any 5.1/7.1 FLAC or PCM tracks lossless tracks, you are adding lossy DD compression to them in your current set-up.

Unless there is an issue you are solving with Transcode - I'd switch to 5.1/7.1 channels and let Kodi output non-bitstream formats as 5.1/7.1 PCM losslessly, rather than add a Dolby Digital transcode.
I have 7.1 speakers
All of them approx 2 foot up from ear level on wall.

2 front and 1 center

2 side

2 rear

And 2 active subs

So should I got for 7.1 option?

Thanks Sim
Also I should enable all passthrough?

Thanks
Sim
Anybody found a good way to mount this to their tv? I see they sell a VESA mount, but I guess it doesnt work when the tv is mounted to the wall...
(2020-05-28, 08:39)noggin Wrote: Unless there is an issue you are solving with Transcode - I'd switch to 5.1/7.1 channels and let Kodi output non-bitstream formats as 5.1/7.1 PCM losslessly, rather than add a Dolby Digital transcode.

I will give it a try.

Thanks Noggin.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4