Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-06-07, 14:03)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 13:45)calibos Wrote: Am I understanding your latest post right. Are you implying that I dont necessarily have to worry about all that petitboot dualboot setup and gotchas and I should simply buy the eMMC card with Android 9.0 and install the Virgin TV Anywhere app on that and then in the SD card slot have the supplied CoreElec SD card that came with the N2’s, and that simply by virtue of the fact that there are two OS’s installed, that when I reboot either from within the respective app, the N2 will automatically reboot into the other storage mediums OS?

No you have it completely wrong.
What you are describing is mostly how all the other regular Android AMLogic Dual Boot setups work, and the one I actually recommend using - like the Gigabit Ugoos devices.

First with the N2 you have to get a compatible Android / CoreELEC Petitboot installed, all that info is over on the Petitboot thread on the HK forums.
Then on bootup you have to stuff around with HardKernel Petitboot text screen with the ODROID N2 and configure it initially to default boot to a particular OS.

Then when you do boot you have to remote press up multiple times to select the other OS, then the device boots again for the 2nd time and finally you get to what you want.

And then I encountered HDMI CEC problems with CoreELEC as well. And that has annoyed the heck out of me with TV / AVR - ON / OFF and HDMI audio.
Seriously you really have to want to get right into DIY with this N2 - Petitboot Dual Boot setup, there are all sort of "Gotchas"

Just get a Ugoos X3 Cube or AM6 and a Class 10 U1 microSDHC to flash CoreELEC on to. It will be MUCH easier and Ugoos Android Firmware is top class stuff with a bunch of great tweaks.
That is the Easy, reliable AMLogic dual boot option.

I’ll start researching the Ugoos X3 Cube and also the Wechip G20S/G30 remote after work. Ditto playing around with the current test setup on that Samsung EVI Sd card, to see if any of the gotchas you mentioned like the res and refresh rate switching will actually affect my use cases in my real world usage patterns. Because tbh even on the SD card KODI and the Virgin app seem to be running smoothly and playing back content smoothly which can only get better running off an eMMC card, so I’m still struggling to see why I personally with my particular displays and usecases will even need dual boot in the first place.

Is This WeChip remote a viable alternative to the G20? Its only about €3 more expensive but looks better has rubberise keys and a keyboard on the back......and amazon is out of stock of the g20 anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by calibos - 2020-06-07, 14:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4