• 50(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-08-07, 08:35)noggin Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 07:03)gurabli Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 03:21)PANiCnz Wrote: I’m using one of these to do exactly what you want. Does DV and HDR+ perfectly fine.

This is really promising!
So I can have full everything for N2 to TV (like it was connected directly) and on Hdmi2 from splitter to AVR and enjoy DTS, TrueHD, DD+ etc. Sound really great.

Is HDMI-CEC (passtrough) also working?

And the harder part will be to get one in EU (although I see it is available on Amazon UK).

That's the device I bought on Amazon UK.  When I get a chance I'll check CEC.

Being able to program the device over USB can be very useful.
Many thanks! please, if you find some time, check the CEC. My Denon supports HDMI passtrough CEC perfectly. So I can use the TV with the Denon in standby, and have audio on TV. If needed, I just fire up the AVR and there goes the sound over AVR.
However, in this config, the splitter would pass HDMI to TV directly, and the AVR will only handle sound. Maybe no need for HDMI passtrough over AVR at all. So right now I think I need the following:

1. N2 connected to the splitter (4K, HDR+ and DV)
a) Splitter HDMI OUT1 connected to TV -> passthrough 4k, HDR+, DV, CEC, everything, just as if the N2 would be connected to TV directly. So with AVR turned OFF, I control the TV and N2 with the TV remote using CEC, and have sound on TV. Like there is no AVR at all.
b) Splitter HDMI OUT2 connected to AVR -> passes sound to AVR (if AVR is turned ON) - I can have DTS, TrueHD, DD, DD+, everything the AVR supports. Ideally, if AVR is ON, CEC is also working, so I can control AVR using TV remote. The hdmi out signal to the AVR needs to be 1080, I guess, but doesn't matter at all, since image will go to TV over splitter's HDMI OUT1. AVR is not connected to TV at all. Or it can be, since I can connect Xbox 360 or other non-4K units to AVR, where no 4k/HDR6/DV is available, needed.
And now come my big problem. Here is the 65" Panny, the new N2 with 16GB eMMC, but I can't make it work. 
I tried every possible way to format, diskpart, sd card erase the eMMC, wrote the image with Rufus, Etcher, Librelec tool, nothing. 
Image installs fine, N2 boots, Hardkernel logo, than CE logo with resizing partition message and reboots. Than starts the problem. I see the Hardkernel logo, but not the CE, no HDMI input at all. If I leave it like that for a while, returns to Hardkernel logo and stays there. Out of ideas Sad
I will try now an mSD card and see.
I did tamper with the SPI/eMMC switch. If I start the N2 set to SPI there is image, so HDMI is fine. Any ideas?
(2020-08-07, 14:17)gurabli Wrote: And now come my big problem. Here is the 65" Panny, the new N2 with 16GB eMMC, but I can't make it work. 
I tried every possible way to format, diskpart, sd card erase the eMMC, wrote the image with Rufus, Etcher, Librelec tool, nothing. 
Image installs fine, N2 boots, Hardkernel logo, than CE logo with resizing partition message and reboots. Than starts the problem. I see the Hardkernel logo, but not the CE, no HDMI input at all. If I leave it like that for a while, returns to Hardkernel logo and stays there. Out of ideas Sad
I did tamper with the SPI/eMMC switch. If I start the N2 set to SPI there is image, so HDMI is fine. Any ideas?
Have you got the correct dtb? 

Head over to the Coreelec forums for more help
(2020-08-07, 14:27)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 14:17)gurabli Wrote: And now come my big problem. Here is the 65" Panny, the new N2 with 16GB eMMC, but I can't make it work. 
Have you got the correct dtb? 

Head over to the Coreelec forums for more help
I tried to copy over the dtb several times on many different installs. I think it is really simple.
OK, I will go to the CE forums...

Edit: I switched to HDMI port 2 on the TV and it is working now. Strange. This is the ARC port. Why it is not working on input 1, don't understand. Anyway, it is working.
As of my knowledge, N2 with CE supports Dolby Vision, correct? I have some DV mkv content, but I am not sure if it is displayed correctly. Using the tv's Nstflix app, the tv display the Dolby Vision logo and the picture menu switches to 3 DB modes. But not with N2. Any ideas or settings maybe?
(2020-08-07, 18:43)gurabli Wrote: As of my knowledge, N2 with CE supports Dolby Vision, correct? I have some DV mkv content, but I am not sure if it is displayed correctly. Using the tv's Nstflix app, the tv display the Dolby Vision logo and the picture menu switches to 3 DB modes. But not with N2. Any ideas or settings maybe?

Nope, no DV support in Kodi/CoreELEC.
(2020-08-07, 19:22)Boulder Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 18:43)gurabli Wrote: As of my knowledge, N2 with CE supports Dolby Vision, correct? I have some DV mkv content, but I am not sure if it is displayed correctly. Using the tv's Nstflix app, the tv display the Dolby Vision logo and the picture menu switches to 3 DB modes. But not with N2. Any ideas or settings maybe?

Oh, I see. Sorry to hear. But in first post description there is Dolby Vision (optional) support. So the hardware is capable, but Kodi not? So maybe in some time...

Btw, is HDR10 equally good in real world?
(2020-08-07, 07:03)gurabli Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 03:21)PANiCnz Wrote:
(2020-08-06, 21:53)gurabli Wrote: It can be one option. Although, not easy to find a reasonable priced splitter that supports HDR+ and Dolby Vision.
I am fine with optical if that would work.
I’m using one of these to do exactly what you want. Does DV and HDR+ perfectly fine.

This is really promising!
So I can have full everything for N2 to TV (like it was connected directly) and on Hdmi2 from splitter to AVR and enjoy DTS, TrueHD, DD+ etc. Sound really great.

Is HDMI-CEC (passtrough) also working?

And the harder part will be to get one in EU (although I see it is available on Amazon UK).
Unfortunately I don't think it does CEC.
(2020-08-07, 21:46)gurabli Wrote:
(2020-08-07, 19:22)Boulder Wrote:

Oh, I see. Sorry to hear. But in first post description there is Dolby Vision (optional) support. So the hardware is capable, but Kodi not? So maybe in some time...

Btw, is HDR10 equally good in real world?
I guess the SoC itself could support Dolby Vision, but the box manufacturer would have to license it. Also support would need to be added to Kodi.

I have not compared myself, but the general consensus is that Dolby Vision is much better than HDR10 because it is dynamic (data can change for each frame) and not static. I don't know how the dynamic HDR10+ compares.
(2020-06-17, 18:01)calibos Wrote:
(2020-06-16, 18:44)feerlessleadr Wrote:
(2020-06-13, 07:58)geddyclaus Wrote: Thanks for the motivation.  I tried it another 20 times and finally it works.

great to hear and I'm glad it's working.

I bought the G30s remotes as well and the 20 times before it sticks is good to know Big Grin

However, I have another issue you may be able to help me with. With the G30s or my MCE compatable remote, the power button on the remote will shut down the N2 but it turns itself back on a minute or two later. Running KODI on Android 9.0 because of Virgin TV Android app. Hooked up to PC Monitor for testing and config so its not CEC. Is this some wake on LAN setting in KODI or on Android thats causing the N2 to turn back on. Its the only thing I can think of? Have you any insight/thoughts?

EDIT OK it can't be WOL because I disconnected the ethernet cable and there is no WIFI Dongle on this box and it still turned itself back on. Also turned off Sleep in ODROID settings and that didn't work either. Going to try removing USB IR dongle to see if its Wake on USB related behaviour. edit No its not Wake on USB either.

I am having this on my N2+.

Not even using a remote, I have just been using the ‘power off’ from the Kodi power menu and it still does it.
Did you or anyone else ever find out why?

Coreelec specific issue maybe?
Hello,

I am running latest Coreelec (stable 9.2.4.2) with the following setup:
Odroid N2 -> Samsung Q90R -> Philips 65OLED804
SDR to HDR -> off
HDR to SDR -> auto

Everything is working flawlessly except one thing:
I am not able to get HDR10+ passthrough to work. Files will only play in normal HDR10.

The Q90R is able to do it and when I am connecting my Odroid directly to the TV, HDR10+ is shown. I tested both HDMI cables individually.
Samsung says of course, it should work and my UHD player is to blame.

So here is the question:
Has someone running a similar setup?
Do I have to change something on my configuration?
Is it working at all?

Please find my log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/dagobafuti.kodi 1

Connecting the Odroid directly to the TV and using ARC for Audio is not an option.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.
(2020-09-26, 20:28)sam.roscoe Wrote: Hello,

I am running latest Coreelec (stable 9.2.4.2) with the following setup:
Odroid N2 -> Samsung Q90R -> Philips 65OLED804
SDR to HDR -> off
HDR to SDR -> auto

Everything is working flawlessly except one thing:
I am not able to get HDR10+ passthrough to work. Files will only play in normal HDR10.

The Q90R is able to do it and when I am connecting my Odroid directly to the TV, HDR10+ is shown. I tested both HDMI cables individually.
Samsung says of course, it should work and my UHD player is to blame.

So here is the question:
Has someone running a similar setup?
Do I have to change something on my configuration?
Is it working at all?

Please find my log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/dagobafuti.kodi 1

Connecting the Odroid directly to the TV and using ARC for Audio is not an option.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

I have the same problem with my 4K HDR DV video passthru capable Yamaha Soundbar feeding thru to a HDR10+ Panasonic OLED.

ODROID N2 direct connected to Panasonic OLED = HDR10+ works.

The solution is to pester Samsung and Yamaha to add support for HDR10+ video passthru.

Samsung Germany is even advertising HDR10+ pass trough. Interestingly you can't find this sentence on the english website:

Nahtlose HDR 10+-Erfahrung
Mit 4K Pass-Through können Sie Ihre 4K-Videoausgabegeräte, wie Ultra HD Blu-ray Player oder Ihre Spielekonsole, nahtlos mit der Soundbar verbinden. Sie können sogar HDR 10+-Videoquellen* an die Soundbar anschließen und hochwertigen Klang zu einer beeindruckenden Bildwiedergabe genießen. Alles, was Sie benötigen, ist ein HDMI-Kabel.

It basically says, you even can connect HDR10+ sources to the soundbar and have an awesome picture quality next to great sound. The asterisk let's you know, that HDR10+ output is only possible with a HDR10+ source.

There are a lot of positive reviews found in german forums. Even dolby vision pass through is working for some, but not all.
Sometimes it looks like Samsung removed these capabilities in later revisions of the product or the Odroid/Coreelec is missing something.
I didn't check if there are multiple entries, but this one tells that HDR10+ is not supported by the device..

------------ /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/hdr_cap
------------ HDR10Plus Supported: 0
Thanks. That's interesting. I checked it. Is this what Kodi reads out from the TV during the HDMI handshake?
And what does this mean? (I know Kodi is not DV capable at the moment)

------------ /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dv_cap ------------
DolbyVision RX support list:
VSVDB Version: V2
2160p60hz: 1
Support mode:
DV_RGB_444_8BIT
LL_YCbCr_422_12BIT
LL_RGB_444_10BIT
IEEEOUI: 0x00d046
EMP: 0
SVDB: ef0146d000440b5b825f6d948b849001
  • 50(current)