• 51(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-09-28, 11:56)sam.roscoe Wrote: Thanks. That's interesting. I checked it. Is this what Kodi reads out from the TV during the HDMI handshake?
And what does this mean? (I know Kodi is not DV capable at the moment)

------------ /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dv_cap ------------
DolbyVision RX support list:
VSVDB Version: V2
2160p60hz: 1
Support mode:
DV_RGB_444_8BIT
LL_YCbCr_422_12BIT
LL_RGB_444_10BIT
IEEEOUI: 0x00d046
EMP: 0
SVDB: ef0146d000440b5b825f6d948b849001

I'm going to guess the LL = Low Latency and that DV possibly = DV tunnelled?
Does anyone know why there is a slight stutter when this file was played in 4k 60fps in this review on the n2+?

https://youtu.be/LfG0oztlmX4?t=451

This is the actual video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqz-KE-bpKQ

Is there any slight stutter
when playing any other 4k files locally via LAN or streaming from youtube in 4k?

I thought the odroid n2/n2 plus was suppose to have flawless 4k playback...
or is this incorrect?
(2020-08-06, 20:54)gurabli Wrote: My Odroid N2 2GB arrived today, already configured. The Panasonic 65gx800 tv should arrive tomorrow.
I realized that my Denon X1000 avr doesn't do 4k and HDR/DV passtrough, which is a big shame, as I like this avr a lot. And I don't really use it a lot.

What do you think, how can I get at least DD/DD+ and DTS sound in 5.1? Maybe using the tv's optical out to AVR? Should I set the N2 to PCM 5.1 to decode DD and DTS and maybe the tv will pass this over to avr over optical?
Where did you buy it configured?
Is N2+ a big upgrade over N2? I can see its 20-30% faster but is that noticeable?

Also is Hardkernel the only company selling the new S922X which runs at higher speeds, or is it now standard and comes in other Android box based on S922X too?
Quote:I thought the odroid n2/n2 plus was suppose to have flawless 4k playback...
or is this incorrect?

Edit: there was discussion about that clip over on the CoreELEC forums. It does not have completely smooth video playback because it's 4K@60Hz h.264 encoded which is really rare and which the S922X does not officially support for hardware decoding. See HERE (click) - page #3

99.9999% of 4K encoded content is h.265 (aka HEVC encoded) or VP9 encoded which the S922X chipset has no problems with.
Basically 4K@60Hz h.264 it not a very good test clip for 4K video playback testing.

(2020-10-21, 02:05)MrCrispy Wrote: Is N2+ a big upgrade over N2? I can see its 20-30% faster but is that noticeable?

For linux based OS's like CoreELEC no not really. For a demanding Android OS - yes you may notice it sometimes.

Quote:Also is Hardkernel the only company selling the new S922X which runs at higher speeds, or is it now standard and comes in other Android box based on S922X too?

No they are not the only ones, MINIX, Ugoos and Beelink have the higher clocked S922X variants.
Khadas have a higher clocked AML A311D in the Vim3

There is also the higher clocked -J variant that has DolbyVision licensing which is found the the MINIX U22-XJ and Ugoos AM6+

My N2+ arrived few days ago. Installed CoreELEC on it and it runs well, much better than my old WeTek Hub. I can even reuse my WeTek remote on it. Just the remote power button can only turn N2 off, not on. A bit inconvenient. Also, some of my videos with ass subtitle still cannot play smoothly. I guess it's libass not working well with the CPU on board, 2.4GHz should be more than enough to render some karaoke effect.
(2020-10-24, 10:47)iDoraemoe Wrote: My N2+ arrived few days ago. Installed CoreELEC on it and it runs well, much better than my old WeTek Hub. I can even reuse my WeTek remote on it. Just the remote power button can only turn N2 off, not on. A bit inconvenient. Also, some of my videos with ass subtitle still cannot play smoothly. I guess it's libass not working well with the CPU on board, 2.4GHz should be more than enough to render some karaoke effect.
Can't find an edit button on my post... anyway, after following this guide https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how-to-...-code/5282 I'm able to use my remote to turn N2 on. The only thing left is the lagging ass subtitle, but I guess there is no solution for that.
(2020-10-24, 11:20)iDoraemoe Wrote:
(2020-10-24, 10:47)iDoraemoe Wrote: My N2+ arrived few days ago. Installed CoreELEC on it and it runs well, much better than my old WeTek Hub. I can even reuse my WeTek remote on it. Just the remote power button can only turn N2 off, not on. A bit inconvenient. Also, some of my videos with ass subtitle still cannot play smoothly. I guess it's libass not working well with the CPU on board, 2.4GHz should be more than enough to render some karaoke effect.
Can't find an edit button on my post... anyway, after following this guide https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how-to-...-code/5282 I'm able to use my remote to turn N2 on. The only thing left is the lagging ass subtitle, but I guess there is no solution for that.

In Kodi Settings > Player > Language > Override ASS / SSA subtitle fonts
Try that.

I also change Subtitle Size to 20 and Style to Normal

(2020-10-24, 11:48)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-10-24, 11:20)iDoraemoe Wrote:

In Kodi Settings > Player > Language > Override ASS / SSA subtitle fonts
Try that.

I also change Subtitle Size to 20 and Style to Normal

Yeah, that works as a "last resort", I usually will just use another device to play instead. There aren't many files N2 can't handle anyway, so it's not much of a trouble.
Can anybody tell me if the remote that comes with the Vero 4K will work with Odroid n2+ without too much hassle? Thanks alot.
(2020-10-30, 09:12)ggp759 Wrote: Can anybody tell me if the remote that comes with the Vero 4K will work with Odroid n2+ without too much hassle? Thanks alot.

Yes it will. I did the same thing.
(2020-10-30, 13:40)dwalme Wrote:
(2020-10-30, 09:12)ggp759 Wrote: Can anybody tell me if the remote that comes with the Vero 4K will work with Odroid n2+ without too much hassle? Thanks alot.

Yes it will. I did the same thing.

Thanks very much for this. I have the option of getting the n2+ either with microSD of eMMC? Which one is the best option? Especially if you want to make a fresh install of CoreElec? If you ge the eMMC you can install Corelelec by using a bootable usb? Thanks alot for all the help.
eMMC is faster. In regular use, microSD is fast enough for me. The box is in standby mode all the idle time so the bootup time is basically irrelevant to me.
(2020-10-30, 22:47)ggp759 Wrote: Thanks very much for this. I have the option of getting the n2+ either with microSD of eMMC? Which one is the best option? Especially if you want to make a fresh install of CoreElec? If you ge the eMMC you can install Corelelec by using a bootable usb? Thanks alot for all the help.

Get it with 32G eMMC. You can install CoreElec on uSD card and transfer that installation to eMMC.
You can also install CoreElec to an USB flash drive, then boot this USB using SPI/Petitboot, and then transfer USB installation to eMMC.

Although it's safer and more convenient to buy USB3.0 eMMC Module Writer, and then burn the CE image directly to eMMC.
A cheaper solution is to buy eMMC Module Reader Board for OS upgrade plug it in a cheap uSD to USB converter and burn image on any PC
Or another method, you can use the mentioned uSD to USB converter to burn CE image on a uSD card via a USB port on any PC, then install CE on N2+ using this uSD card and after the installation is finished, transfer it to eMMC...
Hi! I started looking for a new media player, to upgrade from my ancient Dune HD, and saw that "ODROID N2+ CoreELEC Edition" is mentioned in the other megathread as "the best plug-n-play device". I've been reading through a lot of info on this forum, but, being a newbie, feeling quite overwhelmed and would appreciate some guidance from local experts. :)

I'm going to use N2+ for playing 4K HDR videos stored on my NAS (via its SMB/NFS network share) using wired connection, and I don't need internet streaming services. So "CoreELEC Edition" with just Kodi inside looks like something for me. However, it seems it's not really a plug-n-play device I can buy and use right away, but still a somewhat DIY project, where I have to buy separate parts (N2+, case, power supply, memory), flash CoreELEC OS myself, etc. Did I get it right?
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4