•   
  • 52(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-11-22, 00:43)clbn Wrote: ... However, it seems it's not really a plug-n-play device I can buy and use right away, but still a somewhat DIY project, where I have to buy separate parts (N2+, case, power supply, memory), flash CoreELEC OS myself, etc. Did I get it right?
Hi clbn!
The CoreElec edition is a bundle that comes along with a case, power supply and SD card with CoreElec already installed.
I saw Hardkernel only have the N2 bundle, but not the N2+ one. I did find it on its uk reseller.

Best
Hi guys!

I'm looking also for a 4K Kodi mediaplayer, and found @wrxtasy recommendation.
I was just looking around CoreElec webpage and found Beelink as supporter along with Hardkernel (odroid).

I've found Beelink GT-King and GT-King Pro, which come along with a remote control and the boxes look slim and nice.
Any idea if performance and format compatibility should be similar to N2 and N2+ as they have (I think) the same chipset?

Thanks
(2020-11-25, 17:39)juanmablanco Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 00:43)clbn Wrote: ... However, it seems it's not really a plug-n-play device I can buy and use right away, but still a somewhat DIY project, where I have to buy separate parts (N2+, case, power supply, memory), flash CoreELEC OS myself, etc. Did I get it right?
The CoreElec edition is a bundle that comes along with a case, power supply and SD card with CoreElec already installed.
I saw Hardkernel only have the N2 bundle, but not the N2+ one. I did find it on its uk reseller.
Ah, right, found it on Odroid's UK website now. So it's a real ready-to-use kit I can buy, and in this case no need to flash/install anything myself. Thank you!
(2020-11-25, 19:21)clbn Wrote:
(2020-11-25, 17:39)juanmablanco Wrote:
Ah, right, found it on Odroid's UK website now. So it's a real ready-to-use kit I can buy, and in this case no need to flash/install anything myself. Thank you!
Is there a remote in the kit?
(2020-11-25, 21:02)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2020-11-25, 19:21)clbn Wrote:
(2020-11-25, 17:39)juanmablanco Wrote: The CoreElec edition is a bundle that comes along with a case, power supply and SD card with CoreElec already installed.
Is there a remote in the kit?
I think there's no remote, at least in this one: https://www.odroid.co.uk/CoreElec4GB
Anyone know if the Corelec N+ edition will make it to the US shopping site?
(2020-11-25, 17:45)juanmablanco Wrote: Hi guys!

I'm looking also for a 4K Kodi mediaplayer, and found @wrxtasy recommendation.
I was just looking around CoreElec webpage and found Beelink as supporter along with Hardkernel (odroid).

I've found Beelink GT-King and GT-King Pro, which come along with a remote control and the boxes look slim and nice.
Any idea if performance and format compatibility should be similar to N2 and N2+ as they have (I think) the same chipset?

Thanks

They will all use an AMLogic S922X chipset.

The GT-King Pro uses a -H chipset variant which adds DTS and Dolby Audio Licences to it's Android OS.
If you run CoreELEC Kodi, those Android audio licences are redundant and not needed.

The GT-King's & other AMLogic chipset Android devices already included eMMC Storage so there is no need to buy a seperate eMMC module.

The advantage with the ODROID N2+ is it has a properly engineered heatsink included which allows the S922X chipset to be clocked higher vs Beelink competition if you are chasing that little bit extra.
There is also included a high quality DAC for those that still have a old quality analog audio receiver.
And it's very easy to re-flash a Plugable eMMC module if things go wrong vs internal eMMC on Android boxes.

Personally I would be looking at a better remote vs what Beelink include in their products, the new RF Wireless - WeChip G40S (click), with user programmable Infra Red would fit the bill nicely.

Really it depends what you want and also cost and availability I suspect.

W.

(Today, 09:01)wrxtasy Wrote: The advantage with the ODROID N2+ is it has a properly engineered heatsink included which allows the S922X chipset to be clocked higher vs Beelink competition if you are chasing that little bit extra.
There is also included a high quality DAC for those that still have a old quality analog audio receiver.
And it's very easy to re-flash a Plugable eMMC module if things go wrong vs internal eMMC on Android boxes.
Thank you for your kind and helpful answer!
I will take a look on both hardkernel and odroid.co.uk for the N2+. I suppose it will also have a better support in the future.

Just a couple of questions regarding an only Kodi use (I've been using a Wetek Core for more than 4 years, and I'm only changing it because I've changed my TV and the Core struggles with 4K content):
Is there a way to power on the board from the remote you recommend? For just CoreElec Kodi use, eMMC would be a noticiable improve or is it not worth the cost?

Regards
(11 hours ago)juanmablanco Wrote:
(Today, 09:01)wrxtasy Wrote: The advantage with the ODROID N2+ is it has a properly engineered heatsink included which allows the S922X chipset to be clocked higher vs Beelink competition if you are chasing that little bit extra.
Thank you for your kind and helpful answer!
I will take a look on both hardkernel and odroid.co.uk for the N2+. I suppose it will also have a better support in the future.

Just a couple of questions regarding an only Kodi use (I've been using a Wetek Core for more than 4 years, and I'm only changing it because I've changed my TV and the Core struggles with 4K content):
Is there a way to power on the board from the remote you recommend? For just CoreElec Kodi use, eMMC would be a noticiable improve or is it not worth the cost?

Regards

If you are in the UK or the EU - make sure to purchase from a UK or EU-based dealer to benefit from UK/EU consumer protection.  Last time I checked HardKernel only guaranteed their products for something like 28 days - and although the majority of users are very happy with their products, there have been QC issues in the past and a number of documented failures outside their warranty period, where Hardkernel have been less than helpful.

I've got Hardkernel products and have been reasonably happy with them - but would always advise caution in choosing your purchase route to ensure you get the full protection of EU/UK consumer law.
  •   
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.