Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-12-11, 02:46)Sholander Wrote: Are you shure of that? I ask because all LG models I know of can passthrough DTS, AC3, eAC3 and AAC - all with 5.1 channels (not higher) from HDMi input to optical output.
My CoreElec boxes are all connected to various LG TVs with HDMI cables, and 5.1 multichannel sound is fed from LG optical OUT to AV receivers. Kodi is set to Ch. no 2.0 and passthrough via HDMI, and LGs are set to output digital audio via Optical output...
I'm sure. I have a LG 55eg9a7v, and had it working that way with my Wetek Core, but the X series don't allow its passthrough, even with an original Bluray in a PS3. If audio is DTS you only hear sound scratches.
I even call LG support to ask if they were working to solve it via firmware, and told me it was not in their schedule and didn't think LG would do it.

So, no passthrough via SPDIF/Toslink... And the main reason to need optical output from any media player that will play DTS. Such a stupid issue in a very expensive TV...

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by juanmablanco - 2020-12-11, 09:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4