Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-12-11, 15:37)Sholander Wrote: I'm sad to hear that, it means that LG did not get DTS license for that TV. Similar to my old Panasonic that could not passthrough DTS via Toslink...
Yes, it's very sad they decided to do that. But what is more sad for me, is that I think they could allow this DTS passthrough via SPDIF/Toslink without that licence. I mean, I understand you need DTS licence to decode it and play it on the TV speakers. I could even understand if HDMI eARC needs license to passthrough it because it is bidirectional.

But not letting the audio bitstream to be send directly, without even touching it, to a Home Cinema via SPDIF output... I do think is an option they could allow with a simple firmware update, but the problem is they don't want to do it. They just don't care about customers (at least the few that claim for that option).

I already have the TV installed and the panel is great, I found a reasonable price in Blackfriday and if I can solve it with Kodi in the N2+, I will keep this TV. But I will undoubtedly have this "support from LG" in mind when I again look for a TV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by juanmablanco - 2020-12-11, 22:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4