PXE Boot LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0.0
Hello,

i got a problem with PXE Boot.
Restarting with custom advancedsettings.xml works well till
uncnown circumstances let my pi´s start in safe mode. Sad

log say´s:
Code:
21:29:56.378 T:1937719968   ERROR: CProfileManager: error loading special://masterprofile/profiles.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
21:29:56.378 T:1937719968  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
21:29:56.378 T:1937719968   FATAL: unable to load profile
and
Code:
21:29:20.019 T:1936970400 FATAL: SqliteDatabase: /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/ViewModes6.db is read only

pxe-server is on.
Privileges in storage-directorys created automatic during installation.

My enviroment:
archlinux PXE-host in HyperV VM --> just on @ night (pi´s always on) --> Dont know if this matters?

Any ideas ?

Greetings Schnabulator
(2019-02-13, 21:22)Schnabulator Wrote: log say´s:
Code:
21:29:56.378 T:1937719968   ERROR: CProfileManager: error loading special://masterprofile/profiles.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
21:29:56.378 T:1937719968  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
21:29:56.378 T:1937719968   FATAL: unable to load profile

When in safe mode:
text:

cp /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml /storage/.kodi.FAILED/userdata/profiles.xml
and reboot.

(2019-02-13, 21:22)Schnabulator Wrote: and
Code:
21:29:20.019 T:1936970400 FATAL: SqliteDatabase: /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/ViewModes6.db is read only

This is a problem with the file permissions on your server, or the file is corrupt (in which case stop kodi, delete ViewModes6.db and restart kodi so that it creates a new file).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Full logs

KODI_CRASH.log
Filesystem.log

Greetings
Hi Milhouse,

i´m really lazy, i dont want to do this procedure every several days when it occurs.
Just want to watch stuff u know....
Is there another way around maybe @ server side

Greetings
The only time I tried network booting an RPi2/3 it has been with NFS and that worked fine, so I can only assume there's a problem with your vfat server that is resulting in the corrupt/missing files that is then causing Kodi to crash. So try using NFS.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse,

i moved @UID@ - storage to another directory for testing.
cmdline.txt
Code:
=boot=NFS=192.168.2.2:/storage/tftpboot/rpi3-libreelec disk=NFS=192.168.2.2:/storage/tftpstorage/@UID@ quiet ssh ip=dhcp
Coud you please check my nfs export options?
Code:
/storage/tftpboot 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
/storage/tftpstorage 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
thank you in advance
Schnabulator
Your exports file looks fine.
(2019-02-15, 00:08)Milhouse Wrote: Your exports file looks fine.
 thank you Milhouse
Hello,

nope it dont work....
HI,

that really annoys me. Sad
There is no official LE setup recommendation for PXE booting.

I think it is a network related issue.
Fact is that my pi sometimes get a new dhcp ip, maybe from dnsmasq that acts as second
dhcp-server for initial boot. Bad for Yatse No.

I think it shoudn´t. Here my
dnsmasq.conf:
Code:
port=0
dhcp-range=192.168.2.0,proxy
dhcp-no-override
log-dhcp
enable-tftp tftp-root=/storage/tftpboot pxe-service=0,"Raspberry Pi Boot"
#DNS
dhcp-option=option:dns-server,192.168.2.1
The pi should get its IP-adress dependent on its mac-adress from my router.
Dnsmasq is configured as proxy.
Are those mac-adresses static?

Is it worth trying to enter a static dhcp-IP for each pi-@UID@ or mac adress in dnsmasq.conf
and make a new independent adress space additional to routers adress space for dnsmasq PXE-booting?

Im not a wireshark pro, maybe someone could give a hint about dnsmasq, LE PXE-boot process
and network enviroment with 2 dhcp-servers.

Greetings and thank you in advance
(2019-02-13, 21:37)Milhouse Wrote: or the file is corrupt (in which case stop kodi, delete ViewModes6.db and restart kodi so that it creates a new file).

maybe it is related to this?
Zitat von milhouse @ Libreelec Wiki
At the moment I believe the device (PC, RPi3 etc.) is hanging before restarting, most probably because the network (connmand) or some other vital network-related resource has been shut down too early, which is fairly bad news when booting over the network...

Greetings
(2019-02-16, 20:49)Schnabulator Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 21:37)Milhouse Wrote: or the file is corrupt (in which case stop kodi, delete ViewModes6.db and restart kodi so that it creates a new file).

maybe it is related to this?
Zitat von milhouse @ Libreelec Wiki
At the moment I believe the device (PC, RPi3 etc.) is hanging before restarting, most probably because the network (connmand) or some other vital network-related resource has been shut down too early, which is fairly bad news when booting over the network...

Greetings

Keep reading that thread, as that particular issue should have been resolved in LibreELEC 9.0.
Hello,

rpi safe modse again.
I don´t find the root of all pxe-evil.
Maybe someone of you find the cause?

My log´s:
kodi.log
kodi_crash.log
kodi_crashlog_20190222014352.log
kodi_drashlog_20190222014323.log

Tx to Milhaouse for the backup tip.
Wrote an rsync-script that does well Smile

Greetings