When adjusting Audio Offset, the Audio settings overlay should disappear
When a movie is playing and I need to adjust Audio Offset due to lipsync issues, when I bring up the Audio settings menu and select "Audio Offset" the settings menu should go away temporarily so that I can actually see if the audio is in sync. This is a huge frustration to have this large overlay covering 2/3rds of the screen making it impossible to see anybodies lips. I have to guess what the offset should be, exit the dialog and hope I don't have to re-enter it.

I could have sworn this used to happen on Transparency 15 or something, but maybe I'm getting confused on my themes. Regardless everybody else seems to be doing this now.

The same behavior should happen on setting Subtitle Offset as well.

I love almost everything about this theme... except for this. Smile Thanks for the great work.
yup, it used to work that way. guess it got lost somewhere along the way.
i'll fix it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-02-14, 18:30)ronie Wrote: yup, it used to work that way. guess it got lost somewhere along the way.
i'll fix it.
 Thanks! I should have asked earlier Big Grin
I can confirm that the dialog windows temporary disappears in Kodi 16 (Jarvin), but not in 17 (Krypton).
I see the same (mis)behavior in Kodi 17's default skin, so I am not sure if this actually is a skin bug. Could it be a Kodi bug? If so: Can we override this?

I am a programmer but I have never made a skin, so I am a newbee there. I took a look in the xml's, and can't say I understood everything there. I understand that VideoOSD.xml is the one who draws the bar at the bottom (with progressbar, buttons etc), and DialogSlider.xml shows the sliding bar at top when delaying audio/subtitles. But where is the XML-file for the dialog window "Audio and subtitle settings"?
that's DialogSettings.xml

the skin should hide the settings dialog when the slider dialog is visible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I added the following, just above the first animation-tag:
xml:
<visible>![Window.IsVisible(SliderDialog)]</visible>

This fixes the problem, but now I wonder if it's possible to remove/hide the close-button at bottom? I just hit ESC when done changing settings. As it is now with this close-button, I can't quickly go from the first entry to the last entry using arrow up. I never saw a close button in Kodi 16. Or am I mistaken?

I am tempted to add
xml:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(TouchScreenMode)</visible>
to defaults button (id="30"), but I fear that will break things? I am not even sure if this button (id="30") is the correct one.
I found this guideline useful:
Estuary_Modification (wiki)

Button with id="29" was the one I were looking for. I added <visible>Skin.HasSetting(TouchScreenMode)</visible> to that one, and changed onup/ondown to 5 on grouplist with id="5".
Now, I am annoyed by the slider. I used to just press left/right arrows for changing the volume etc. But in Kodi 17 I have to press ENTER first. Is it possible to change this behavior?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When adjusting Audio Offset, the Audio settings overlay should disappear0